Tell me it ain't so!!!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing' started by T.H. Cammo, Apr 9, 2007.

1. T.H. Cammo

T.H. Cammo Member

I have been trying all morning to get on UK420 - nothing!!! It's just dead. That's the same way OG disappeared, one day it just wasn't there!!!

2. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

Yikes, how about ICmag?

Have you heard any rumours about OG being reborn?

3. mr.greenxxx

mr.greenxxx Not an Average Bear

T.H i been trying to get on since last night, theyre store is still open though

4. T.H. Cammo

T.H. Cammo Member

Yeah, I've seen that the store is still up. So is ICMag.

Haven't heard anything about OG being reborn, but bits and pieces are collected here and there. There's a thread on here, somewhere, that has compiled a pretty big chunk of OG stuff; I looked at it but I couldn't move around in there - I'll give it another try.

5. T.H. Cammo

T.H. Cammo Member

It's b-a-a-a-ck!!! But now I have to log in everytime I want to see a photo - what's going on over there?

6. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

Hey Cheif! Something must be going on there. Hopefully just server problems.

What happenned to BOGLand here?

BOG is in the current issue of Skunk and I was going to post a lil "heads up".

7. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

BOG left cuz our grow forums are terrible.

8. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

I see... thanks my man!

9. mr.greenxxx

i have to agree, the place is almost a ghost town, and only had few for real knowitalls :/

all we have iis TH cammo now :/

10. T.H. Cammo

T.H. Cammo Member

I commented on the decline once before - but nobody that could fix things seemed to pay attention. As I see the same "newbie questions" being asked so often that they become the bulk of the posts, it's disappointing! It's like a six page menu that has the same six or eight items plastered over and over again just to fill the space. It's pretty clear that we are not moving anything forward here. In fact, it seems that we are moving things backwards; to the point where the newbie questions are the common denominator - something ain't right!!!

I have to ask myself, what is the purpose of this growing forum? Is it to learn advanced growing techniques (or teach them)? Or is it just a place to ask the most basic, common, questions (over and over again)? Why in the Hell don't we have an FAQ section? Willy Wonka was right - "our grow forums are terrible", they have devolved into that!!! I have no idea what steps (if any) will be taken to change the current trend - but something has to happen, or else we're on the way to collapse (IMHO).

What does anybody else think? What should be the purpose of this growing forum? What changes or improvements need to be made?

11. mr.greenxxx

thats because this iss part of a giant forum full of people who watch films, talk about sex, get stoned. in order to have a gathering of growers, u need a growing site - which why i go to uk420 , and international canagraphic

12. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

There is some talent here. The "Man" <- THCammo, Maniac, Da Hairy One and others. RD's threads were always a good read.

I always liked this site as it is a bit informal and there is a wealth of knowledge buried in the archives.

UK420 and ICmag are great so is the softsecrets forums.

Not an easy question to answer.

13. Born2Lose

Born2Lose Member

Well, too be honest this isn't a place i would come from growing. I miss OG. :( Does anyone have any suggestions? I've been looking for a good place since OG went down with no luck.

14. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

The UK420, ICMag forums is where I like to lurk :)

RIP OG!

15. mr.greenxxx

uk420 deffo, i will be going to the hemp expo when i turn 18 everyyear

16. Naturalhi

Naturalhi Great hairy ape

I have a copy of OG's FACS on my 'puter, I'd be glad to upload it if Skip wants to upgrade the site:>)

17. CLB

CLB Member

Ah, hell yeah. Yeah that sounded right.