teen pregnancies in school.....

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by maryjaneguitargurl, Jun 5, 2004.

1. maryjaneguitargurl

maryjaneguitargurl I am just like you.

In my highschool before it got out for summer there must have been about 60 girls pregnant. I live in a small town too so that was probably most of the school lol jk but anyways its just too much for my little school. WHat about you chickens?

peace
    chickens

2. cousinit

cousinit Member

their must be somthing funny in the water where you live. Bottle it and sell it as an afrodesiac. Youll make a forchune.

well anyways... thats my theory

------
    edit

i know forchune isnt spellled rite...fortchoon..forchun, fortchone forchine forchin.... wtf I dont know?

3. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Member

she's from texas, mang! what do you expect? da biggest joke is dat dey're all made to take purity pledges and that shit, cus they fear god and all that, mang. fucked up. poor babies too, mang.

4. cbrmale

cbrmale Member

I'm from Australia. Doesn't the school have sex education, condom vending machines, condoms on sale at chemists, condoms and the birth control pill available for teenagers from family planning clinics (not the local doctor)?

All these things are normal in Australia. My children are close to the age where they could be sexually active and they know EXACTLY what to do to avoid pregnancy and STDs. And they can get condoms and the pill from various outlets - no questions asked. Age is not an issue.

5. sweatininthesouth

sweatininthesouth Member

Here in the sexually repressed USA, our schools and politicians believe that if you give kids condoms and birth control pills, it will promote promiscuity. So, what happens when puberty hits, is the natural sexual instincts kick in, and kids have sex and then get pregnant. Doesn't make sense NOT to educate these kids and give them access to birth control, because they are going to have SEX, regardless of whether we want them to or not. Stupid country we live in!

6. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

Try minding your own business and not discussing it with strangers off the internet. I'm a young mother and I know first hand how it feels to have people who don't know you talk about it like you are some kind whore. Maybe they decided to take responsibility for their actions and not abort their babies like they are some kind of unwanted disease. Why don't you ask one of the girls and not us. Your life won't be affected by it. Anyway, how the hell do we know, we don't know any of them. I got pregnant when I was 17 because I was stupid and thought I was in love. I had no clue what life was. I'm sure everyones story is different, get over it and stop taking a head count. The truth is people will have sex, they always have and always will.

7. ms_charisma

ms_charisma Member

Whoa settle down. I don't understand you just had a go at this chick for bringing up the topic that alot of people in her town get pregnant young, she never said they didnt abort them either. They probably are doing that. And yet you just called yourself stupid, so why wouldn't other people judge in the same way?

each to there own

Love Amanda

8. maryjaneguitargurl

Wohh srry lady .. I would just think by after seein a couple people in my school pregnant that someone would take responsibility. ITs just rediculous though of how many smart people have become pregnant. im not sayin ur dumb or anything i just dont understand because i havent been in love or in a situation. Just wear protection because they go through alot at school.. They are keeping the children because alot of them were do before school was out (most of them anyways).. Srry if i affended you

9. maryjaneguitargurl

Yes we do have sex education. You can go to the nurse Anyways my point is it doesnt matter what type of education you get people will still make mistakes like these young women did. They could still wear condoms but didnt wear them right or they broke etc. you know. Basically i believe in abstinence but i guess some people dont......we have health classes ect.. learnin about stds.. teen pregnancy...drugs..etc (its required to graduate..maybe they should make everyone take it rite away when they enter highschool so the can be educated early)

peace
    chickens

once again srry earth mama

10. cbrmale

cbrmale Member

My children got the full basic school sex education when they started high school at 11. Sexual biology, reproduction, sexually transmitted diseases and condom use.

My son had some more advanced teaching at school when he was 13. Going beyond biology and pregancies and STDs. More into love and passion and pleasuring and so on. Which is what sex is REALLY about.

I have also had a couple of talks in the meantime. I know I don't need to cover basic ground - just talking through when and with who it may be right. He is 15 so it could be a year or two or it could be a little longer. I just want to make him feel comfortable that if he has strong feelings for a girl, and she for him, then it is their decision. I am not going to moralise...

I don't think the US is that explicit at school. But then again, Australia is not a Christian country (thank God). Nobody in Austraia believes in abstinence. They don't even know of the concept. It is purely a matter of considering the right time and the right person.

Mark from Australia

11. AutumnAuburn

AutumnAuburn Senior Member

Nope, I don't remember any pregnant girls, when I was in high school.

12. AutumnAuburn

AutumnAuburn Senior Member

<snippage>

Wow, Mark, Australia really seems to have a great sex ed program. That's really cool. I wish they'd do more here, too. I am my kid's sex educator, but I admit that I don't have ALL the facts and info that educators have. I do talk to them about STDs, condoms, etc, as well as pleasing their partners, but it would be nice to have a decent backup, from the school.

13. neckienoo

neckienoo Member

I graduated from a class of 600. I think only about 5 or 6 preggies though. One of my closest friends had a baby in 12th grade. She's doing well in college to become a teacher. She receives alot of support from her parents, which is important. Around here it's not a big deal if a teen becomes pregnant because people here are upper-middle class and usually don't end up on welfare or poor and uneducated thanks to their families. Still, I wish that our country was more liberal. I received the whole abstinence lecture in health class...oh please. My parents are kind of open about sex, but always encouraged abstinence. I did get in a little trouble when my mom saw part of a condom wrapper on my floor once! My sister had sex last year and my parents don't know. She told me that she didn't always use protection!!! AAAHHHH! My mom naively believes my sis is and will be a virgin until marriage! When I have children I want to teach them about sex for what it truly is: what it feels like, the feelings involved as well as the risks. It's natural and healthy to be sexual, but protection is so important. If kids in America didn't have to sneak around to buy condoms, and sneak around to have sex, I believe there would be less teen pregnancy,and less STD occurences.