Teachings of female enlightened sage Metta Zetty...

Discussion in 'Buddhism' started by Ajay0, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

A link to an insightful website containing the teachings of Metta Zetty, a modern female Buddha or enlightened sage .

About Metta Zetty

Metta in Buddhism means benevolence or loving kindness. It is an ancient pali term that stems from the sanskrit term Maitri translated as "friendship," "friendliness" or "benevolence."

Some insightful sayings of Metta Zetty's ....

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
    morrow likes this.
  2. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

why is enlightened in every post of yours ajay0

3. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

4. I don't get what people derive from teachings like this. Just food for thought?

Ajay0 likes this.
  5. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

Just self-knowledge, which is a better guarantee of peace and happiness than pleasurable external objects which are impermanent and subject to change.

6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

if enlightenment has anything to do with gender, it isn't enlightenment.

the only thing that has anything to do with gender, other then cultural perspective,
    is sexual reproduction, and sexual recreation, which is fine,

but has no direct relationship to anything to do with enlightenment, which,
    if there is such a thing, how can it not be genderless?

(and it isn't dicipline that thinking needs. that's sort of self contradictory.
    but liberation from the hatred of logic, consideration, honesty and imagination.
    the whole point of being able to let the inner dialog stop,
    is to free the mind from all externally imposed assumptions.

when you can look a thing and see what is there, instead of what someone tells you to think about it,
    that is enlightenment. this is not a discipline so much as a freedom and a liberation)

7. I've always just thought enlightenment comes from within. It seems kind of hypocritical to me to turn to others' words and deeds. But that's just me.

No one ever seems to say anything so profound that I hadn't thought of it already. Like "Everything is one" for instance, something that is repeated quite often. Is it just for positive reinforcement?

themnax likes this.
  8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i don't think it comes from anywhere.

its just a matter of not hiding ourselves from it,
    of not allowing ourselves to be obscured from it,

and its only because it is so rare, and yes difficult,
    to avoid being obscured from it,

that its any kind of such a big thing.

9. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

The Buddha nature is obviously there in Hitler, Himmler, Attila the Hun, Bin Laden and in all serial killers and mass murderers, but are obscured by repeated conditioned layers.

There are indeed some who can intuitively grasp the truths of existence without depending on the works of other Buddhas or enlightened ones, but such gifted ones are very rare and is not the case of the general majority.

The following saying by Bodhidharmma can be insightful in this regard....

T o find a buddha all you have to do is see your nature. Your nature is the buddha. And the buddha is the person who's free: free of plans, free of cares. If you don't see your nature and run around all day looking somewhere else, you'll never find a buddha. The truth is, there's nothing to find. But to reach such an understanding you need a teacher and you need to struggle to make yourself understand…

If you don't find a teacher soon, you'll live this life in vain. It's true, you have the buddha-nature. But without the help of a teacher you'll never know it. Only one person in a million becomes enlightened without a teacher's help.

If, though, by the conjunction of conditions, someone understands what the Buddha meant, that person doesn't need a teacher. Such a person has a natural awareness superior to anything taught. But unless you're so blessed, study hard, and by means of instruction you'll understand. ~ Bodhidharma