Taxi Driver

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Penny, May 1, 2007.

1. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

I just watched it... I have owned it for a long time but for some reason it had been sitting on my desk until tonight.

What a great film... how beautifully directed... and what a great performance from Robert De Niro - actually I'm seeing someone who looks just like him in this movie right now! Weird.

I love the music... and the whole atmosphere is so mellow, until the end... but I totally didn't expect him to- oops was gonna ruin it :p

Scorsese is a fantastic director.

2. dollydagger

dollydagger Needle to the Groove

i love this movie....and i love deniro in this move........i think he can rock a mohawk like no one else!!!!

3. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

definitely!

also there's a particular scene in the end that I adore with the bird's eye view shot... love that

4. StayLoose1011

StayLoose1011 Senior Member

Scorsese's best film by far in my opinion. Love it. Bickle is one of the most realistic characters in cinema history.

5. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

I wanted to wait until the person who made me buy it was gonna watch it with me, but... I guess I couldn't anymore!

Robert De Niro seriously is hot

6. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

I must admit that I did not enjoy it as much as I thought. I usually love the genre and the director ain't bad... but it just didn't touch me, at all.

7. WalkTheSky

WalkTheSky Member

One of my top three favorite films.
    It's dark, funny, morose, violent, realistic, everything to me. Sadly enough I relate to Bickle, and his character just fascinates me.

8. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

I was touched by him. I think he's a very innocent man... to get that affected by the scum of the city, go insane, and wanna save the world and just how sensitive he is... he's very simple yet has good ideas, he's like a child... I was very touched by him.