Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by *Doormouse, Jan 22, 2005.

  1. *Doormouse

    *Doormouse Member

    I make under 3k a year, do i need to evenfile? i am claimed asa dependant
    also will I get all the cash withheld? thanks
  2. wtf..? are you saying 3k as EXTRA or alltogether? whoa..
  3. *Doormouse

    *Doormouse Member

  4. *Doormouse

    *Doormouse Member

    i earn only 3k b/c I am a student
  5. sugrmag

    sugrmag Uber Nerd

    you don't need to file if you earn less than $7800-single, $15,600-married jointly, $3,050-married filing seperately, or $10,050-head of household.

    If your gross income was $3,050 or more, you cannot be claimed as a dependant unless you are under age 19 or a student under age 24.

    If you ARE claimed as a dependant, you MUST file if:
    1. your unearned income is over $750,
    2. your earned income was over $4,750
    3. your gross income was more than the larger of $750 or your earned income (up to $4500) plus $250.
    If you do decide to file, you won't be able to take your full standard deduction, and a whole lotta other restrictions can come up. You need to talk to the person who is claiming you because you filing may screw up their return.
  6. *Doormouse

    *Doormouse Member

    WOW! Thanks sugrmag! wow, someone actually knew something! thanks again

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice