Tattoos... Yours, Ones you Want, Stories, Other...

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by TattoedAquarian, Jan 22, 2005.

1. TattoedAquarian

TattoedAquarian Senior Member

I'm curious to find out about the people here's 'relationship with tattoos', so to those who answer this, please post about:

1. Tattoos that you have.

2. Tattoos you would like to have and/or plan on getting.

3. Your favorite tattoos you've seen on others, magaizines, or anywhere else.

4. Tattoo stories that you have (tats gone wrong, first tat, etc.).

5. Anything else that you can think about that's related to tattoos; it's all good :p .

Thanks! - Oh, and incase you're wondering - I have 4 tattoos right now...
    My first tattoo is the word "Aquarius" in rather large, 'groovy' letters from shoulder to shoulder. My second tattoo is a drawing of my sisters, which is on my left ankle. (My sister, even though we are so entirely different, is a burst of sunshine and i care for her deeply). My third is an armband of sheetmusic from the song that first inspired me to really get into music. (Nowadays i play harmonica, guitar, piano, and violin). My fourth is the word "Freedom" written so that it is circled around the lower portion of my calf. I really can't afford anymore right now, but i suppose i couldn't 'afford' any of them when i got them so that reason is pretty illogical... But I know that i would like to get a sleeve of one leave falling down my right arm and changing throughout all the colors of Fall as it does (3 leaves altogether) . - The first leaf up by my shoulder with the top of it being bright yellow and then flows to deeper colors as it goes down with it being deep deep red on the bottom of the last leaf. I want this because I've always loved Fall and have especially always loved the leaves at that time of year. - I always use up at least two rolls of film taking pictures of trees when the leaves are just right so i suppose in the long run it will just be a good investment to make the leaves part of myself instead of spending the money on the film each year. (my justification :p ).

2. redresonant

redresonant Member

no tattoos for me but i do have an embroidery in one of my locks.... i have designed or helped design a few .... i should get into being a tattoo artist.... when i find or create the right tattoo i will get it peter

3. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

I always wanted one, and I have an idea what it will look like. It would be on my upper arm, and be round. It would be a yin yang symbol made up of a dragon and a snake chasing each other, and biting their tails. The dragon would be dark blue outline, and the snake would be either red, orange, or yellow...whatever looks best. someday.....

4. gate68

gate68 Senior Member

why would I want to pay to fuck up my perfect body

5. TattoedAquarian

Thanks for all the replies... Pretty 'groovy'.
    ~redresonant - What is your embroidery of?/ My boyfriend, who's going to welding school at the moment, is actually thinking of becoming a tattoo artist instead and knows a lot about it so if you have any questions he's usually a few feet away from me since our place is so small, oh wait i mean - "cozy"...
    ~BlackGuardX - neat idea; isn't their a special name for when two snakes are eating eachother (sounds hot - jk) or am i just thinking about when one snake eats itself? - I like your picture - Where was it taken?; you seem to be quite the adventurer. You wouldn't happen to be a Sagittarius would you?
    ~Gate68 - I've read other comments of yours around this site here and there. You seem to be quite sarcastic, like the "Bart Simpson" of this site if you will. Do i read you wrong or do you flatter yourself as a 'troublemaker'? Nonetheless, your comment brought up a good point. It's great to hear from someone with such high self-esteem. I know for me personally though, that once I got my first tattoo my view of my body went way up. I suppose that is a little superficial; sort-a like how a lot of people feel really good when they get new designer jeans or something. But hell though, i suppose i am a 'if it feels good, do it' junkie, so who gives a fuck, right?

6. dayafterpuberty

dayafterpuberty Member

im going to get a tattoo of groucho marx on my right arm. Go to google and type, My acid trip with groucho marx and it should come up somewhere or another.

7. TattoedAquarian

~dayafterpuberty - I went to google and got to the sites but it was all reading and i feel far too lazy right now so i give you my deepest apologies; but i did see the pictures of what i thought to be "groucho" - A little guy with a big mustache smoking, right? It's funny to picture some 80 year old with that tattoo. ~smiles~ All like explaining to his grandkid or something about how he was inspired to get the tattoo from a website entitled "My Acid Trip with Groucho Marx"... Awesome! - I just read over my reply and i think it sounds very sarcastic, but i'm pretty stoned and i do find that very very funny and i hope you get it and then i hope that like 30 years from now i, by chance, see you somewhere and recognize you by your tattoo and, again by some slim ass chance, we both remember this conversation and have a really good laugh...

8. hip_peace

hip_peace Senior Member

I always wanted one, but i think in summer (im going to get a tattoo)....
    peace !

9. gate68

gate68 Senior Member

~Gate68 - I've read other comments of yours around this site here and there. You seem to be quite sarcastic, like the "Bart Simpson" of this site if you will. Do i read you wrong or do you flatter yourself as a 'troublemaker'? Nonetheless, your comment brought up a good point. It's great to hear from someone with such high self-esteem. I know for me personally though, that once I got my first tattoo my view of my body went way up. I suppose that is a little superficial; sort-a like how a lot of people feel really good when they get new designer jeans or something. But hell though, i suppose i am a 'if it feels good, do it' junkie, so who gives a fuck, right?[/QUOTE]

I'm not a troublemaker.I just want to see people think out what they say and do.I like putting shit in the road and see which way they turn.I want to see reality.Your best answer was the last part of your last sentence"so who gives a fuck".Peace

10. footprints

footprints Member

ive got two tatoos there both quite small, ive got a little bummble be on the bottom of my back and a big music note thingy on my neck with a flower through it. i thought they wer the most painful things in my life, apart from dreads (which were also very painful)

11. Hippievixen

Hippievixen Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

1. Tattoos that you have.

I have 3. A band of wildflowers around my ankle, a butterfly on my tailbone, and a moon on my hip. Of course, I want more :)

2. Tattoos you would like to have and/or plan on getting.

I am getting more flowers and ivy trailing up from the butterfly on my tailbone. I love work that is colorful and bright. I just wanna add to what I have.

3. Your favorite tattoos you've seen on others, magazines, or anywhere else.

I love the pieces that completely cover people's backs... they are absolutely beautiful. I also like the Japanese koi fish flipping around in the water... I can see it on my upper thigh... but those are so common.

4. Tattoo stories that you have (tats gone wrong, first tat, etc.).

My first tatt, the butterfly, I got the day I turned 18 at Bad Boyz Tattoos on Galveston Island in Texas. I even brought my mom along with me.

The second one, the moon, I got a few months later when I was really fucked up. It is big, colorful, funky and bright, inked in mardi gras colors, but it hurt like hell because it was done on a really tender spot - my hip. I added a cloud behind it last year.

I waited 3 years until I got my latest one, the band of flowers around my ankle. It hurt the worst, 'cause it was right on the bone. I'm not a wussy, though, and I don't cry over tattoos or even bitch or complain. It is my finest one, done by Boots, an old Bandito at Fine Line Tattoos in Houston. He has 25 years of experience and it shows.

5. Anything else that you can think about that's related to tattoos; it's all good :p .

They are a wonderful form of expression. Try to get something original and special to you. Also, go to someone who has YEARS and YEARS of experience. And I advise being somewhat sober if you casually stroll into a tattoo parlor, because chances are you'll get inked :)

12. TattoedAquarian

~Gate68 - Bah! - I wrote you a pretty lengthy reply into which i put a lot of thought and then it all got erased... So now i'm going to give you a pretty crappy shortened version of it that's not near as good but it's something - I basically wrote how you reminded me of socrates (went around questioning people, especially kings, to see if they were really wise, kids began to follow him, then he was sentenced to death for 'corrupting the youth' because rulers wanted an excuse to get rid of him because he made them feel insecure). I like how it seems that you are doing a sort-of 'mental experiment' on people. I actually wrote my last line that you commented on to see what you'd do. You bit, as i suspected. And the truth is, that i do give a fuck. And a lot of times my giving a fuck has lead to a lot of pain and i have acutally tried to live by the idea that 'nothing matters, so who gives a fuck' before, but i couldn't because no matter how much i would think that i still couldn't stop from 'feeling things', which caused me to give a fuck again... By all means life would be easier if i could live by that philosophy but i can't do that without killing a big part of myself... (I'm not sure if i'm getting my point across very clearly so i apologize) I do think that i know what you're trying to do, and i give you 'props' about it. It's hard to be the guy who pushes people's buttons to get them to actually really think/feel something, and i respect that. Goodluck, and try not to turn out like Socrates, it's tough out there... Peace to you as well and thankyou once again for your comments, i do look forward to them. They do make me think about things differently then i normally would and they are all 'true', whatever that means...

13. TattoedAquarian

~hip peace - As someone you has gotten all her tattoos 'under-the-table', i highly recommend that you be very careful about you you get yours from because there are many shady people out there who do many shady things... Do you have any idea of what you'd like to get yet?

~footprints - Yeah, to me tattoos feel like a really slow, deep cat scratch. Painful indeed. I eventually wasnt to get the tops of my feet tattooed as well, which is supposedly the most painful place... I like your quote, if by some weird chance i ever become a dentist or something i think i'll hang that wuote in my office if you don't mind that is. - Don't worry, i will never become a dentist.

~vixen - Nice advice/picture in your quote. Thanks for sharing.

14. ForestNymphe

ForestNymphe Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Tats that I have: 6 total. Three roses over my left breast, a dragon on my right shoulder, a large red rose with a tribal design the extends from my tailbone and across my hips, two indian feathers, turquoise and blue on my right outer thigh, simple black linework on my left thigh that is reserved for private viewing. (just a personal preference).
    I am in need of a few touch ups, I think that is the only work I would get done right now.
    The most beautiful tat I have seen was a women who had the moon phases inked from her shoulder, across the back of her neck to the other shoulder. all done in simple black ink and shaded gorgeously.

I have been going to the same artist for eight years. =)

15. ZePpeLinA

ZePpeLinA Jump around!

So far I only have two tattoos on my back; one on my lower back which is a black tribal desing that goes accross with a rose in the middle...basically i chose it cos the rose represents my femininity and the tribal is like a contrast...cos its like a rose which is delicate and feminine and the tribal make it seems like it's surrounded by spines, harsh and kinda the opposite...the other one is one of a little girl being kissed by an angel on a cloud and is on my left side just under my shoulder and it's like an image that reminds me of a dream i had when i was a child, times when i felt so secure, like i could actually see angels lol, the little girl is supposed to be me btw.
    i really want to get another one done, but i'm still thinking about it. i want some kind of symbol that represents something about me (not chinese or the typical japanese or other stuff) i thought about writing my name in Mapudungun which is the dialect of the natives in my country but it's the same so nope...i'm still thinking about it.

16. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

I'm currently working on a couple of designs for me. Plan to get them during the summer. I always wanted a tattoo that would be mine, personal, with meaning to me.

17. juggla

juggla Member

1. i got a hatchetman on my right shoulder
    2 i want the chemical symbol of dxm on my left wrist
    3 ?
    4 hurt less than i thought it would

18. TattoedAquarian

~ForestNymphe - Your tats sound very nice. I actually saw a woman with the moon phases as you described them at a tat convention over the summer - It would be awesome if it was the same woman...

~Zeppelina - I liked your reasons. I have two good friends who are tat artists and they always talk about how sick they are of doing praying hands and tribal - but at least your tribal has a meaning behind it (a meaning that i thought was pretty cool too...). I really dug the meaning behind the angel one as well. -So you always have that secure feeling you experienced as a child with you. Goodluck on finding your symbol!

~BraveSirRubin - Yeah, i know exactly what you mean; i'm the same way word for word man... Best wishes on your designs!

19. spooner

spooner is done.

hmm... i have the japanese symbol for 'life' on the inside of my forearm. my old man has a matching on on his shoulder... got them a couple of months after he tried to kill himself.

20. TattoedAquarian

~juggla - I'm so ignorant... What's a 'hatchetman' and i think dxm is a drug, but i'm not sure? Yeah, mine hurt less than i though they would as well, but they still hurt...

~spooner - I think that's very sweet and inspiring... (Not that i really have any right here to comment since i don't know 'your story' - i do apologize if i have offended) I'm very glad that your father is alright though. My sister actually tried to commit suicide about 2 years ago - thankfully she's a lot better now. Best wishes to you, to you both...