Tattooing Names???

Discussion in 'Body Modification' started by SugarStash, May 22, 2007.

1. SugarStash

SugarStash Member

Yeah, or nay? Now, I don't really think anyone who's cool with tats is gonna have a problem with someone getting their child's name. But what do you all think about geting your significant other's name tattooed on your body? What about if you are married? Does that change your opinion? Just curious.:)

Edit: just realized there's a typo in the title. Sorry!

2. NightRose

NightRose idiosynractic rose

A friend of mine actually has his name tatooed in japanese on the back of his neck. I say its allright as long as you really think the tatoo through - just like any tattoo of course.
    Its your body, its your choice but If you have any regrets you cant take it back. Its perminant!

3. hippiechick85

hippiechick85 Member

No SO name. There is no way..i love my husband to death but i would never get his name on me

4. SugarStash

SugarStash Member

My husand wants to get my name tattooed on his arm, hidden in a sleeve. He also wants me to get his name. We have a great relationship, but I guess I'm kinda superstitious. I have never seen a relationship work out well in which one person has the other's name on them.

5. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

I would never get my husband's name tattooed on me and he feels the same about me. We PLAN on spending the rest of our lives together but like someone said above... you never know... Instead we are both going to get the same tattoo as a symbolism for each other and our commitment to our lives together(and for us to know about only). We will never "not" be together as we have 3 children but if our relationship fails we'll be able to remember our lives together without harming any future partner's feelings (with having to look at a huge name printed somewhere!). So to have the same tattoo as him will never upset me because we have children and nothing horrible can break that bond for me. It will probably have to do with our children. As for children's names we plan on both getting all three of them somewhere on our bodies. My hubby already is running out of space. Its probably one of his next ones so tattoo pics coming soon. :)

6. benotfree

benotfree Member

I would get my current S/O Name tattooed on me, but he's also been my best friend for 7 years, and I love him dearly.

7. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

To get your SO's name tattooed on you is the kiss of death.

8. fountains of nay

fountains of nay Planet Nayhem!

Tattooing your significant other's name on you is probably the most idiotic thing anyone could do. You're just asking the relationship to fizzle out!

Matching designs...sure, but a name...I think not!

9. SugarStash

SugarStash Member

Earthy- I love the idea of matching designs. Maybe that's something we could look into, instead of names.

10. tweetytweety

tweetytweety Member

I had my name tattooed in chinese letters...I'll have to host image first before I can show you the pic...well i'll post it later on then!!!:p

11. dances in pajamas

dances in pajamas strange little girl

I don't think names would be a good idea... definitely not, in my opinion. Even though you're so sure you love them and you're positive you'll be together forever... you just never know. You're only 22, so if you still really want those tattoos after years of marriage and love, get 'em. But all in all, it's your choice. Just keep in mind that you're young and the future isn't set in stone.