Tattoo Removal

Discussion in 'Body Modification' started by sarahrei, Mar 15, 2008.

1. sarahrei

sarahrei ~Lover~

Hey guys,

I have this terrible home done tat that I got when I was 17 using safety pins and india ink. It's on my left hand index finger and it just looks like shit. I know all about laser removal and that isnt the way that I would like to go. I was wondering if anyone knew of a alternative way of removing tattoos? However, I'm not interested in the commercial creams avaible because my friends have used them and they dont work.

I would post a pic...but I dont know how!

Thanks

Sarah

2. ava

ava Member

no, laser is really the only option and if the ink is green. laser may not be able to remove all of it ie will leave a shadow

the other option is to go to a tattoo parlour and have a design drawn around it to make it look better

3. ahimsa

ahimsa Senior Member

^^^ava is right. Lasering is the only really effective method currently available. Reworking the tattoo might be viable if you find a good coverup tattooist. Ask to see before and afters of coverups. Not all good tattooist and good cover-up artists. Also, consider that it is on your finger and still will be a highly visible tattoo even if its reworked.

There is an ink product that is basically a clay emulsion tattooed into the skin, which then absorbs the ink and is rejected by your body. I haven't heard too many things one way or the other, but it seems that injecting an irritant into your skin isn't a good idea.

Why are you against the laser, out of curiosity? Lasering is exspensive, but a small area should be relatively affordable and home done ink is generally easier to laser.

Cheers

4. sarahrei

sarahrei ~Lover~

Cover up is not a option. I hate the look of it in that location, laser isnt so much a option because of cost and I'm currently un employed.

5. ahimsa

ahimsa Senior Member

I understand the cost problem. Its double hard because the hand tattoo makes it harder to find a job.

The only real thing I have to say is is save up and laser it. If its small, it shouldn't cost more than a few hundred bucks, which is a good deal when you consider the other options aren't free and aren't as good,.

The best

6. sarahrei

sarahrei ~Lover~

It's small enough to wear a ring over it, I was thinking of maybe a cutting option.

7. ava

ava Member

what do you mean by cutting option

8. sarahrei

sarahrei ~Lover~

it's a very fine design, I had a friend with a similar tat have it cut over with a sharp blade and the scar replaced the ink but the scar was so fine you didnt notice it

9. ava

ava Member

i have never heard of it before. if it works and it won't get infected, it sounds like an okay idea.

i know some laser people will do pro bono work if you can convince them the tattoo will hinder your life,eg emotional,employment etc maybe phone around
    i kow they do it for gang members. it was just a thought and nothing more:)

10. sarahrei

sarahrei ~Lover~

If I had the money I would but alas its a issue

11. sarahrei

sarahrei ~Lover~

well the cutting has begun I'll post results, I dont suggest this by any means, I'm just trying it to see what happens.

12. mariaryi

mariaryi Member

Taking on :
    Tattoo Removal Creams

A tattoo removal cream is the most inexpensive way to remove a tattoo yourself. Market is flooded with several creams such as TatBGone and Tattoo-off that claim to be effective in fading tattoos. There are claims that these creams may fade a tattoo after a continuous use of several months but their success at removing a tattoo altogether is highly unlikely.

Laser Tattoo Removal

Laser tattoo removal is considered as the best method among all to get rid of unwanted tattoos. In this procedure, targeted tattoo is exposed to the intense pulses of light delivered by laser. This laser energy results in destruction of the ink pigment while ensuring minimum damage to the surrounding skin.
    The popularity of laser tattoo treatment is skyrocketing and lots of people are turning to this.

Here is useful link that you would like to check:
    Lasers Tattoos removal

13. pixeewinged

pixeewinged Visitor

14. sarahrei

sarahrei ~Lover~

Wow!

yeah thats all I can say

15. pixeewinged

pixeewinged Visitor

16. ahimsa

ahimsa Senior Member

Please don't burn yourself with a cigarette. The ash can easily contaminate the wound causing irriation and possible, ironically, tattooing. Some cultures tattoo by rubbing ash into the skin.

A heated nail head would be more hygenic if you must go this route

17. sarahrei

sarahrei ~Lover~

I wouldnt be able to go the burn route, any burn scars I have are terrible

18. The_Moroccan_Raccoon

The_Moroccan_Raccoon Senior Member

19. pixeewinged

pixeewinged Visitor

20. mariaryi

mariaryi Member

How is things over here, hey no smoking pic in this thread pls.
    But can anyone show pic of red deer tattoos. I need to know something.
    [​IMG]