tatooed kids at a southern baptist preschool....

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by FunkyPhreshMama, May 20, 2004.

1. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

ok now that i have you attention i just found out my daughters pre-school (might i add it is a southern baptist church she goes to preschool at) called my hubby and told him they had some parents complain that she wore fake let me repeat "FAKE" tatoos sometimes and told us she can not wear them to school anymore.

so is it wrong for me to go to their church service on sunday in a tank top since i am a tatooed freak, i just wanna see if they tell me i am offending people and need to leave.

sometimes i go overboard to proove a point but come on its a damn FAKE tatoo, it isnt hurting anyone. and these "so called" christians at her school seem to be going overboard to get a point across to me. they handed me a flyer about body art once and how it can lead to me becoming a devil worshiper, WTF? i have tatoos for me................not the devil...........

Dude111 likes this.
  2. psyche

psyche fun for the whole family

hahahaah that's hilarious, you must go to the church in a tank top and let us know if they say anything. i've been a bit cynical about religion lately (well, and everything in general), but i'm not too surprised they reacted this way. and i love how they managed to draw a conclusion between tattoos and devil worshipping. laaaaaame!

3. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I am absolutely not a fan of tattoos, however I can certainly understand that someone might be one. What I don't understand, however, is why you would attend a church or send your child to a school that abhors them.

4. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

whats weird i went to that preeschool when i was a wee one and look how i turned out...................................

i am still looking for someting, i have been interested in Buddhism for a while now and Shamanism but still haveint found my thing I guess......................I used to go to Christian camp and I am not completely ruling that one out, I may just compile beleifs and make up my own kinda thing......

5. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

i send her there because i am poor and my gramma pays for it, i never had a prob with them untill this whole fiasco and she has gone there for a year problem free, wonder why they started getting weird now......................

6. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

Man, that burns me up. I was at my mom's house @ Easter. She told me they were going to church to see the Easter play b/c my step brother was in it. I was like, cool, my daughters would love that. My mom said that I had to CHANGE my clothes before I could come! I had on jeans and a tank top. I was like, uh, I HAVE to change? She said that women have to wear skirts at this church. Fundamentalists.

7. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

Tell them that if tattoos really do send kids to Devil worship it's because they're shunned by christians and have no where else to go.

8. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

religions are like drugs ...there the cause and soloution to all of lifes problems

9. Omniwulf

Omniwulf Member

I beleave you should just thank them for their thoughtfulness on the issues of sin. And then right after you've done that ask them to please refrain from doinig it anymore. That a potentual for a sin does not equal a sin. That how they dress or behave is not your concern and your daughter is not thiers to discuss. That should they wish to farther harrass you that you will file a harrassment suit on their asses and the schools too.

..But thats just how I would think. Its one thing to preach in church about the sinful ways of others, Its another thing to terrorise children in school with their preachings.

PS. I am a christian and do beleave in Christ.
    And my heart tells me he would disaprove of thier actions.

10. Samhain

Samhain Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I don't think FPM knew until her child came back home and said something.
    you didn't tell us what the tatto was, if it was snoopy then i think they over reacted, if it was a picture of damian with 'i'm the anti christ' underneith well........

(just joking really!)

s

11. tom

tom Member

I think the whole idea of them being pissed is bunk (and I'm a bible thumper). I have a few tatoo's, very visible, and have never had a problem with anyone at the church over them. The tattoo thing is old testement, in the book of leviticus, piled between the parts that say you shouldn't eat lobster or wear a polyester shirt with cotton pants...ok, not word for word but it's in there. It's all gravy now. You should find her a different pre-skool and church before they warp her mind and yours on what Christianity is about.

12. olhippie54

Find her some Christian fake tattoos. Like crosses, crusifixes, maybe a "WWJD" tattoo. Then let's see what they say.

13. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

ha ha ...that is a great idea man

14. nightmarehippygirl

nightmarehippygirl LEVI'S MOMMY

i think that's hella lame. olhippie had a great idea.

on a semirelated note...my niece started school when she was 2, because she was in a special class for the deaf. i was surprised, and sort of horrified to learn that she had a dress code. like for example, she couldn't wear sleeveless tops, because they were too risque. she was 2 for pete's sake. i don't think her sexy little armpits were going to distract any of the little two year old boys.

people are so wierd, and take themselves (and everything else) way too seriously.

fwiw, my mom tries to make me cover my tats, if i'm going to church with her. she says they're "trashy". she also doesn't like it if i try to wear pants to church. for my part, i don't think god really cares what you wear, just whether or not you go...

15. olhippie54

You got to watch them 2 year old boys!!!

16. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

she had one of a heart on her ankle and a glittery fairy one on her arm

17. Samhain

Samhain Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

i promise i was just cracking a joke, anyhow those tattos sound harmless enough don't know how anyone could take offense

s

18. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

i could tell it was a joke LOL i am just wondering who a heart and fairy wold offend. i could see if it was a black widow spider or a dagger or something

19. Ginge

Ginge Ye Olde Member

That's what I was going to say. I bet if you sent her to school with fake Jesus and "hands clasped in prayer" tattoos they would have been singing a different song.