tastiest screwdriver i've ever had...

Discussion in 'Beverages' started by nesta, Jun 23, 2006.

1. nesta

nesta Banned

i was at a friends house yesterday and being that he's only 20 he cant get himself booze. he asked me to get him some vodka and i did....he gave me money and asked specifically for absolut mandarin.....

i got the bottle and almost winced at the idea of buying fruit flavored vodka...but what do i care, i'm not going to be stuck with a whole bottle of it....

when we got back to his place he made us each a screwdriver.....

WHOA! this stuff is good! it was just the gross grocery store oj, too, not good orange juice....but it tasted great anyhow! i'll be buying my own pretty soon...you barely taste any liquor at all, even though you can tell it's there.

it tastes like tangarines a bit. sort of like it was orange juice made from concentrate but with extra concentrate added....it's sweeter, and somehow juicier...

i'm anxious to try it mixed with pine-orange-banana juice, or in a blender drink.

and i sure bet that a couple shots of this in soda water would be a wonderful thing.....

i've never been much of a vodka kind of guy, but this might change that. and hell, absolut is a pretty good brand....i may even try some of the other flavors, as well....

2. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

Welcome aboard nesta! I love vodka, you should try it in pineapple juice alone though, try the Goya kind, that is the only mixed drink i love! Well, except for homemade black and tans, but thats different. You should try that new blueberry Stoli, it's awesome!

3. nesta

nesta Banned

eh, plain pineapple juice is good but it tends to upset my stomach, being so acidic. orange juice seems to be easier for me to handle, or mixed citrus juice.

i'm in the process of making a cherry liqueur right now, made with brandy rather than vodka though. but i think in a month or two when it's finished, it might be good paired with absolut raspberry or even just plain vodka in some kind of cocktail.....

4. kissya

kissya Head Mistress

Vodka mixes great with almost everything.....watch out it will sneak up on you. hehehehhee

5. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

I know, it does hurt your stomach, but the taste is unbeatable. I usually only drink one though, as im more of a whiskey drinker myself

6. nesta

nesta Banned

me, i've always liked rum.....

armagnac is quickly growing on me though. i was wrong about the original price of the bottles i have though - i thought they originally ran around 30 dollars a bottle. actually it was 37-something, so its like getting a $40 bottle for 10 bucks.....its sooooo much smoother and tastier than the overpriced cognac i bought at the store (Martell V.S.). since the distillery is out of business, i need to get a few more bottles of this stuff at this price before its sold out completely.....i think i'll try to hang on to one or two for a while, or give some as gifts....

anyway, vodkas great, but its DEFINITELY not something i can drink straight except on rare occasions. i almost always mix it with ginger ale, fruit juice, or a citrus pop. i really like cherry 7up and vodka....

7. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

sounds really good, ive only had cognac once, and it was my cousins bottle, really old, like really really old, he said he got it from some guys cellar and the guy let him keep it.