Tasteless Food

Discussion in 'Let Food Be Your Medicine' started by Dude111, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Im sick of the FUCKING GARBAGE available now!!!

I went to Golden Carrol yesterday AND ALMOST ALL FOOD I HAD,HAD NO FLAVOUR!!

The best part was the BBQ BAKED BEANS,they were delicious (And the corn dogs were ok) but the rest of it was warm tasteless garbage just about!

Same thing @ burger king... TASTELESS FUCKING CRAP!!!!!!

How can they get away with selling this garbage??

2. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Eat organic or die (slowly).

3. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

Will organic food help you die quicker, then?

4. skip

Probably not, and it will taste way better too.

5. walsh

walsh Senior Member

No such thing as organic food - all food is organic, no food is inorganic unless you count minerals and such as food. If you're eating inorganic foods you're eating metal. Agricultural processes can be organic - use of pesticides, etc... but the foods produced from such processes aren't necessarily safer or tastier. If they're safer it's because they just happen to not have the bugs which pesticides attempt to destroy, and if they're tastier it's because they're picked fresher and not stored long-term and in cold storage - and not because of the lack of chemicals.

6. Dude111

Yes may be the only safe thing to do as long as you can still get it Skip!

7. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

Eat real food that looks like it did when it was still growing. Ditch the junk. Real food tastes amazing

Ps also look into Zinc deficiency if foods dont have taste

Pps lots of greenwashing out there these days. Ill take fresh and local over most of the so-called organics out there

8. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

You went to Burger King and expected prime food? For what reason?

Quite easy to see how they get away with it ..... :rolleyes:

9. Dude111

Well back in the 80s and before GOING TO BURGER KING,ETC produced EXCELLENT RESULTS.. I remember we went every friday AND MY WHOPPER WAS OUTSTANDING EVERY TIME I WENT..

10. skip

That should always be your priority. And you should also make an effort to question local growers about their methods or go and visit their farm(s) and see for yourself how things are being grown.

Just because something is locally grown doesn't mean it hasn't been fucked up by the grower. This is as true for cannabis as anything else.

11. skip

You're ignoring so much with your statement. As an example go research the difference to the SOIL of having organic soil vs. industrial soil. One is vibrant with life and all sorts of nutrients (not just specific ones), the other is Completely DEAD, devoid of life of any sort. And go ahead and research HOW THEY KILL THE SOIL.

You'll be amazed... esp. when you realize how much of the world's Ag land has been turned into a graveyard. Oh, sorry, that's an insult to graveyards cause they are ALIVE with life, believe it or not.

You have a LOT TO LEARN about organic farming Walsh.

Here's another lesson for you to check out: Biodynamic farming. Research and learn and don't spread your Corporate propaganda here.

12. walsh

walsh Senior Member

Errr... corporate propaganda? You do realise that corporations have owned and promoted "organic" foods and farming for decades. Now that it has become embedded in the modern man the idea (or propaganda, to use your words) that organic=better the corporations and individuals selling it have just found another way to take more money from consumers' hands.

13. Dude111

I went to burger king the other day and I WAS TOTALLY DISGUSTED!!!

Almost NO FLAVOUR in my whopper.... WHAT THE HELL HAS HAPPEND TO GOOD FOOD??

Im so sick of the way things have gone I CANT TELL YOU!!

14. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Well... Burger King is hardly food, you know.

15. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

Walsh is right about the organic food industry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Zqe4ZV9LDs&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Penn & Teller: Bullshit - Organic Taste Test - YouTube

The benefits are mostly in your head. Keep in mind though we're talking about the "organic" foods found in grocery stores. The huge corporate industry, not the small local farms present at the local farmers markets.

OP: Stop buying crappy food. If its crap every time why do you go back?