TARP funds being used to push the price up at the pump.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gardener, Jan 27, 2009.

1. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

I hate it when executives responsible for this economic mess receive bonuses, remodel their offices, buy expensive things....but this is something that really pisses me off.

http://www.economicpopulist.org/?q=content/banks-using-tarp-funds-speculate-oil-markets

2. Fawkes

Fawkes Member

Gardener, I have never agreed with you on anything. Everything that you have ever typed has pissed me off, including this. However, before YOU were pissing me off, on this I agree with you. This is despicable how they spend the BILLIONS that Bush gave them in that bailout, holding oil in supertankers at sea, just so they can drive up the demand and the price. And that is why we can not have anymore bailouts. Bush's was a bad idea, Obama's is a bad idea. You just can not trust other people, especially government, with your money. Now, to think that they have the oil out of the ground, but it's more profitable to them to hold it so they can drive up the price. That's just not right.

3. gardener

4. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

watch it gardener,this could be construed as a conspiracy theory.. but then,what in politics cant?:rolleyes:

5. HawaiianEye

HawaiianEye Member

It just goes to show that for anyone that did not know it already,the bailouts of these big companies amount to nothing more than 'welfare' for the wealthy.The banks also should have NEVER have been bailed out.---Competent government puts proper and again I say "proper" but strict regulations on big businesses.The US used to do this.No more.A competent government would also put a stop to this in a minute.But the US NO longer has a competent government,and has not for quite some time.----I also find it ironic that the US still considers itself a world leader.I think the US has become so BACKWARDS right now--Its like a blind person thinking it can lead someone who has 20/20 vision.

6. HawaiianEye

HawaiianEye Member

To add,just think of all the good the money the government gave to these criminal companies would have done if it instead it was "properly" spent on US citizens. I do think the US can learn alot from Western Europe.

7. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

how to riot in the streets?? oh yeah,i see they are real happy with the way their governments are handling things..:rolleyes:

8. gardener

What keeps going through my head is what were they thinking, these folks got into this supposedly by taking bad loans, so what did we do to try and fix it....more bad loans...but then again I think they were outright gifts, with no hope of ever seeing repayment. Not a new regulation or restriction in sight! BUSINESS AS USUAL!

9. HawaiianEye

HawaiianEye Member

Hippiehillbilly,I think Western European nations tend to regulate big businesses far better than the US. I also think Western European style socialized medicine is much better than having medicine run by insurance and drug companies .Alot more too--Look,the US used to do so many things right--what happenned??lol

10. grimjivey

grimjivey Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

With higher gas prices, people drive less. Thats a good thing from my point of view.

11. Fawkes

Fawkes Member

Why? Less traffic? True!!

12. gardener

And when you combine that with high unemployment, they eat and consume less, I would guess you see that as a positive also. Lets save those polar bears.

13. White_Horse_Mescalito

White_Horse_Mescalito ""