Tantra

Discussion in 'Yoga and Meditation' started by greeneyedbaby, Dec 29, 2004.

1. greeneyedbaby

greeneyedbaby Member

I've already asked in the Love/Sex forum, but as you people are more familiar with spirituality than a lot of them, I'll ask you as well. :)
    Are any of you into things like that?
    I don't know much about it, but find it intriguing, so any information would be very nice :)

2. NeoPascal

NeoPascal Member

tantra? as in tantric massage? good stuff.

3. greeneyedbaby

greeneyedbaby Member

that too, yes. i'm thinking more in the lines of tantric sex.

4. peacefulwind14

peacefulwind14 Member

I have limited knowledge on the subject so forgive me if some of my information is wrong but:

Tantric sex is only a very small part of Tantra as a whole and is only practiced by the left-wing schools of tantra. Tantra is supposed to be a quick way to liberation (because when you become liberated you can help others reach this state). It is primarily about the God Shiva (male aspects of the divine) and the Goddess Shakti (female aspects of the divine). Hatha-yoga is actually a branch from Tantra.
    The sex is about the union between Shiva and Shakti within. It can last a very long time because ejaculation control, through the strengthining of the PC muscle (the muscle between the genitals and the anus), is fundamental. It helps to move energy through the body and from this you can experience "full-body orgasms."
    Actually if you go to tantra.com you can look up how to have a full-body "oragasm" by yourself and there is a lot of other info. I've practiced it and it's really interesting.
    Hope this helped.

5. greeneyedbaby

greeneyedbaby Member

it certainly did, thank you so much.

6. White Feather

White Feather Senior Member

I love Tantric sex. You start making love and there is no thinking. Hours could go by and you won't rememebr any of it. I usually have no in and out movement - it goes in and stays in, then the rotation of the pelvis starts.