Taller

Discussion in 'Men's Issues' started by Twizz, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Twizz

Twizz Drug Conoisseur

I want to be taller. I just want to find the easiest way to do it. Either taller, or more muscle. I've been lifting weights since last summer and I still have very little progress.

My upper body is thin, and my lower body is all big muscle because I've been biking since I learnt at the age of 2. Even when I was in karate, I'd always kick my opponents in the head, rather than punch... I don't know why.

I'm just sick and tired of lifting weights for this long and having such a little effect. I thought it was the technique that I was using, but after re-vamping nearly 2 months ago, I still have had a very small effect, just more stamina.

I figure if I'm just a few inches taller then I wouldn't look so wimpy (I wear baggy jeans all the time so basically I'm viewed from the waist up.)

2. Allonym

Allonym cheesecake slut

how tall are you?

sorry to break it to you but barring unbelievably painful surgery, you wont be getting much taller probably. maybe if youre lucky youll get one of those post-18 growth spurts but, theyre pretty frickin rare. there is a leg extension surgery out there but its super painful and rather expensive too (i think the primary clients of said surgery are dwarfs)

3. Alaskan

Alaskan Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Human Growth Hormones ? But at your age I think your past the age where they would do any good.
    Allonyn"s right about the surgery, usually on dwarfism. Not vanity but be able to use your pants pockets or turn a door knob.
    Guess you will have to get some cowboy boots and a ten-gallon hat, work it right and you can 7 inch vertical gain. No offence intended, but had I guy here that did just that.

4. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

Height wise you're basically stuck with nature gives you, trust me though, I'm 6'1" barefoot, taller with shoes on, sometimes it gets annoying having to look down on most people. Muscle wise though again nature, some people just have thin bodies, they can go to a gym a couple times a week and just always be lean, I'd say it's a good thing though, better then being fat.

5. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

You don't need height. You need to be self-assured. Accept and love how your body looks. It makes life a lot easier.
    As long as you are kind and charming girls will dig you regardless of your stature.

6. StayLoose1011

StayLoose1011 Senior Member

I'm not going to comment on if you need more height or muscle, because for one I haven't seen you, and also to suggest so would be to give importance to these nasty vessels called bodies that our souls are trapped in, and I'd rather not do that :)

But as for the lifting, what kind of lifting are you doing? What exercises, how many reps, how much weight? One thing a lot of people don't know is that nutrition is probably more important than what kind of lifting you do if you want to gain muscle. YOU MUST EAT MORE CALORIES THAN YOU BURN. Yes, that is more calories than you burn... and yes you will gain some fat, but then you shed the fat after you put on muscle. If you have problems gaining weight, it could very well be because you aren't eating enough or are eating a lot of junk food.

7. fexurbis

fexurbis Member

This is true to a certain extent. But he shouldn't be lifting because of girls, he should be lifting for himself...Plus, there is a thin line on the sand between being confident and delusional. Don't cross that line!

8. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

The fact that you keep your body in good shape is important enough.

If you want to see muscle then work out specific areas on your body, or buy a Boflex :D

I'm in great shape right now, but don't have too much muscle definition because, like you, I am rather skinny.

At least I feel good, and that's all that matters :)

9. Cutted

Cutted Cutted

Some people do have growth spurts after age 18. it's heredity - check with your parents. I grew six inches one summer and went from the shortest to the tallest boy in the class -now 6'2", but always thin. I'm told (by women I have been with) that thin guys make the best lovers, is that true?

10. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

i've grown a few inches after i turned 18...it happens

with weight, you have to be consistent...2 months time...that nothing man...lift heavy, compound movements and eat a lot and you'll get bigger...

you're not gonna get big overnight - it takes time

11. TheRosesAreFree

TheRosesAreFree Member

I suggest getting a bunch of your wieghts together that arnt helping you with your muscle definition, tie them to your ankles and hang by your arms from a tree. That should stretch you out and you should gain a few inches. :)

12. MisterFox

MisterFox Member

Something that will make you taller, but not actually make you grow, is just having better posture. You could go to a chiropractor or you could simply make an effort to stand straighter and not bend your neck forward when you're reading a book or looking at the computer screen. That can give you that extra inch hiding in your spine. I'm always an inch "taller" after I visit a chiropractor, as I have some pretty poor posture. Stretching also helps.

13. Twizz

Twizz Drug Conoisseur

I don't think that I'll grow naturally anymore... I'm the tallest in my family at 6'0" barefoot. I know a lot of you might THINK that's tall but it's really nothing up here where I live... Most people are 6'0".

I'd definitly continue to work out my upper body if I could find a way to work it faster (without steroids). I just don't want to be doing the same thing of pumping and pumping with no effect.

14. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

you'll grow if you do the big compound exercises

bench, deadlift, power cleans, squats, pull ups and heavy rows...

my friends back has grown considarably bigger since he's incorporated power cleans and more pull ups...

15. Twizz

Twizz Drug Conoisseur

I'm wondering if theres any certain way I can just build some weight really quick... I could easily do the exercise to help it or whatever... i just only have barbells so that the main problem... I also do the reverse push-ups where you sit backwards to a table then put your hands behind you onto the table and have your feet elevated then you push up and down with your hands... that seems to do the best...

Is there any particular techniques I could use with only barbells to work out all the muscles in my arms at the same time?

16. MisterFox

MisterFox Member

If you want to build muscles easier and quicker, I would suggest taking two 500 mg supplements of vitamin C every morning. It works great, and you will get a little muscle even without actually working out, as taking lots of vitamin C is a natural way to improve the efficiency of testosterone in the body. It also works to improve your overall health.

17. Twizz

Twizz Drug Conoisseur

Didn't know that... Thanks man...