talking

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by midnighttoke, Jan 25, 2005.

1. midnighttoke

midnighttoke Member

Okay I have one problem, when I am talking on the phone with my girl, everything is good, but then I always seem to run out of things to talk about. I can't stand it, I cant think of anything to say, so then the awkward silences come about. So any suggestions on topics to talk about.

2. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

thats why i loath the phone..if you have nothing to talk about, isnt it best to say goodbye :D
    make a list next time of things you want to talk about, like George did on Seinfeld..

3. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

That's usually a sign it's time to get off the phone. Even people with the best connection will run out of things to say after a while. The phone is much harder than real life, I think. Do you find this when you're with her in person, or just on the phone?

4. midnighttoke

midnighttoke Member

well i definatly find it easier in person to keep a conversation going, but there are times when then again i run out of things to say.

5. lawngirl

lawngirl Member

i agree with mystical shroom, go seinfeld-style and make a list of things to talk about. it sucks to run out of things to say, and then hang up... only to realize that there are five things you wanted to mention, but forgot. i'm also not a fan of the phone. anyway. oh, and keep your energy up. focus on the phone and who you're talking to... cause if you're driving, or your attention is on the tv, etc, you're not focusing on the conversation and won't have anything to say. focus on the phone for a little while. a five-minute focused conversation is much better than a twenty-minute, distracted, drawn-out conversation. you'll also be able to get a better sense of when the phone call is 'done' this way.

6. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

I agree...it's QUALITY, not QUANTITY