Talking to other barefooters....

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by *retro_dude*, Jan 31, 2005.

1. *retro_dude*

*retro_dude* Member

Hi everyone,

I'm new here,and this is my first post :)

I live in London, UK, and was wondering if anyone had bumped into or had conversations with other barefooters when they're out and about ? One memorable experience was when I was in Brighton wandering around the shops (barefoot of course!) when I stopped to cross the road when I noticed the girl next to me was barefoot. I said 'snap!' and smiled and she said 'hey-well done!' We were chatting about going barefoot and the funny looks and comments you get from people, and she said she just hated wearing shoes.She said a classic time was when she was on a bus and an irate mother said she was setting her children a bad example as one of them tried taking their shoes off ! She was really cool - if only more of the population were like that....!

2. XriseXupX

XriseXupX Member

heh thats awesome..
    i wish i could do that.. and i do in the summer!! but it really does get a LITTLE cold on the feet in the -30 degree weather

i actually get hassled all the time for not wearing shoes.. but i love the looks i get in public places

3. Casperthesheet

Casperthesheet Member

That sounds wicked bad. It never happend to me but that would be cool if it would.

Casper

4. Loki84

Loki84 Member

Schwing! I'm way too shy to go barefoot in public. I bet there are many more like me. If it weren't for all the weird looks I'd get, I'd be barefootin' everywhere.

5. jamaica

jamaica Member

i'm not shy about going barefoot but it just grosses me the (people) dirtiness of the sidewalks and grass and stuff. at the busstops especially there are always splatters of spit everywhere :( and broken glass so i don't.

6. *retro_dude*

*retro_dude* Member

I thought living in Blackpool (being a seaside town) you wouldn't get too much hassle-I've noticed people go barefoot more at coastal towns, after coming back from the beach they walk around the shops without bothering to put any footwear on....I think you should just go for it ! :)

7. Barefoot Matthew

Barefoot Matthew Member

The only time that I met another barefooter while I was out barefoot, I was actually driving and saw a lady barefooting down the sidewalk, no shoes in hand. I turned the car around, passed her and parked in a lot ahead of where she was...I got out and was going to walk over to her to show her that I was barefoot too. She was coincidentally parked in that lot and I got to her right as she arrived at her car. So I simply said "Hi - I see you like going barefoot too". She seemed nervous and didn't make too much small talk, even though she could see I was barefoot too. I told her that I worked right around here and that I'd hope to see her again and that she would stay barefoot...but I think I must have freaked her out because I never saw her again, barefoot or otherwise.

8. jen12151989

jen12151989 Banned

I go barefoot where I live, but not outside of the campground.

9. Loki84

Loki84 Member

Blackpool is a town where loads of people have real traditional attitudes, and neighbouring fleetwood, well, it doens't get much more stereotypical "northern" than in fleetwood.

I'm also a real shy guy!

10. Alexandra

Alexandra Member

It's always nice to see people who share your barefoot persuasions :)

11. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

One time I encountered a female barefooter while on a hike and bike trail. I remember saying "Hey, we've got the same shoes on!" She slowed down, took a look at my feet, giggled then moved on.

Oh well.

12. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

13. april922

april922 Member

Ive seen other barefooters, like at carnivals, and then I will say nice shoes. they usually then notice me, of course barefoot as well. I dont see too many though. plenty of flip flops, but not total barefooters.

14. Alexandra

Alexandra Member

I've been chatted up before under the pretense of "nice shoes"... But somehow I think that the sight of two attractive barefoot girls wantering around hand in hand had more to do with it than just mine and Juli's bare feet :)

I have been complimented on my choice of toe rings and ankle bracelets... and I make it a point to compliment others :) I like it when guys wear jute anklets... is that weird?

15. Barefoot Matthew

Barefoot Matthew Member

No that's not weird at all.

I love when a woman comments or compliments my feet or my toe rings.

I tried wearing anklets but it just didn't seem to work for me. But I absolutely will never give up my toe rings.

16. *retro_dude*

*retro_dude* Member

I like wearing toe rings and ankle bands as well....Another time I was talking to a girl who was barefoot in central London, (I had jeans on, but no toe rings on on this occaision) and she said 'your feet aren't as pretty as mine!' as she was wearing toe rings, anklets and had painted nails. She asked me if I was a 'no shoes' person :)

17. Loki84

Loki84 Member

I know what you mean about anklets looking cool .I made myself a bracelet by plaiting three lengths of string about a week ago. I got bored a few days later, and made another one for my right ankle. I haven't taken it off since then. I love it!

I haven't got any toe rings though. I haven't found any that I like the look of yet. But I do think that toe rings and anklets do look cool, although there is such a thing as too much of a good thing. I dunno about painted toenails. it looks very nice on agirl, but I dunno about guys. I'm apprehensive about painting my toenails.

18. The World of Dan

The World of Dan FSMFTW

In brighton you say? heck, that could have been Fleassy...

19. april922

april922 Member

how about putting your pics, in the photo gallery here??

20. piedsnus2003

piedsnus2003 Member

I am a french barefooter and I have a site with a lot of pics and a forum.You're all welcome on it

www.baladespiedsnus.com

JIM