Taking pix with celebrities

Discussion in 'People' started by TrumpCards, Apr 18, 2018.

1. TrumpCards

TrumpCards Visitor

I’ve never met a celebrity. Also, I don’t live in Los Angeles anymore. I’ve heard that if you run into a celebrity you like, talk them up for a little bit, tell them you’re a fan, then they might be willing to take a pic with you. I heard this because apparently Kim Kardashian does it for her fans (which surprises me because I wouldn’t think she would). Also, if they do go ahead and take a pic with you, is it ok to put your arm around them?

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Depends on the person. I've met band members before, if I do a VIP they kinda have to talk to you because youre paying for it lol. But then I've tried to talk to others and they want nothing to do with you. I know Jerry Seinfeld isn't approachable but honestly I'd prefer to take the opposite approach of what you mentioned. To me the last thing a celebrity wants to hear is how you're another fan and blah blah. When I met my fav rap guys I refused to talk rap, I refused to call them by their stage name. I was like 'hey, Chris how are you doing?' and "hey, Chris you're from the south, who you go for in nascar?" and they were awesome it opened up so many avenues of conversation. I remember when I first called him Chris he looked at me and asked my name and I told him and he said thank you Jocelyn, you know, I'm going to buy you a drink" he appreciated being treated as a person and not a gimmick or a celebrity.

Food for thought. :)

3. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Just not into the whole celebrity worshipping scene

AnAussieChef likes this.
  4. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

This is why I would never want to be famous.

5. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Personally, I would ask anyone who sometimes has a body guard with them if I can come within ten feet.

6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

usually when i take a picture with a celebrity, i put my thumb in their butthole.

7. TrumpCards

TrumpCards Visitor

Lol. Well if I did that, I would probably get slapped, which I would enjoy since I like it when pretty girls slap me.

8. Song of the South

Song of the South Members

I think the best approach is to just confidently stroll up to the celebrity and be like, "I heard you want to take a pic with me. We need to make this quick because I need to get back to shooting my scenes."

At some point during that, make sure someone snaps a pic while you are engaged in conversation. Then call the celebrity by an incorrect name and excuse yourself.

You get your pic and humble/confuse a celebrity all at the same time. Society wins.

Lobo and wilsjane like this.
  9. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

The really funny part is people not realizing that they travel to work, go shopping for food and do all the other things that we all do every day.

People recognize their face, but not expecting to see them, end up asking them questions such as "were you drinking in the rose and crown last night" or "were you at my friends wedding" or worse still, "did you win on that horse yesterday, when I saw you at the betting shop"

Occasionally someone will walk up to them and boldly announce "you are the spiting image of (whoever they are)".

Never a morning passed without some funny story.

You are probably not too familiar with the people who work in London, but one person who you may have heard of that this happened to a lot was Barbara Streisand, while we were recording Yentl.

10. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

If it were me, I wouldn't put my arm around them just to be on the cautious side of things.

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Heh, if you're female though, you can get away with hugs. :p

12. Even regular people don't want to be seen with me.

quark likes this.
  13. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

I’m not a celebrity.
    Worship me.

14. MariusCesar

MariusCesar Member

If they put their arm around me, I'll do the same. I usually don't if they kind of distance themselves.

15. TjbigD102

TjbigD102 Members

Where i used to work i ran into a bunch of celebs the best was sitting to eat in the lunch area and travis barker sat down next to me and we struck up a normal conversation.after he left my buddy was like do you know who that was. To which i replied just a normal guy who plays drums for a living. Sometimes just treating them normal can go along way

16. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

I figure it would be easier to gauge their willingness if you talk to them a bit first before you jump in with touching and requests lol they're people just like anyone else. I don't believe in treating celebs any different than "regular" people. Just be courteous.

17. Z-Man1983

Z-Man1983 Members

I’ve met several just at varying times. We had this amusement park that had a day specifically for country music. Like they’d get some little known stars to perform...publicity I guess. A family group called The Wilkinsons performed. But I remember walking right by them as they walked around the park and everyone didn’t hound them. I remember when Garth Brooks performed but that was before he blew up and became a MEGA star. I remember Obama coming to my college to do a speech during his first campaign. Unfortunately I slept through it, besides there was barely any room what with the news there.

Did WWE VIP few years ago. Expensive as hell. I had my hopes who I’d meet but they pick the meet and greets. First we checked in and did shopping before the general admission got in. Sat our stuff in a little room then our guide walked us to the ring. We got to go through gorilla position and the curtains. Took our picture holding the universal championship ringside. Then the feature moment. Guide said normally you only meet 2 stars but we were a small group so he managed 3. First up was Titus O’Neil. Shook everyone’s hand, just cool as hell. Up next if I recall right was Finn Balor. Cool as hell dude sadly not in his demon king face paint. Someone asked to take a picture of him with the universal title. Finn declined and said only the part time champ can touch the belt. Then it actually happened. Our guide introduced ALEXA BLISS. Camera does not do her justice. A total sweetheart. Another fan was a father with his son & daughter. Daughter was nervous but Alexa was all sweet just saying she was wearing the wrong shirt. Guide asked what got me into wrestling when I was standing 3 feet from my celebrity wet dream. Um Hogan vs Andre? After that we were walked to our seats. Said he’d try to get Roman or Cena to stop by us. Asked security guard keep the other fans away. Unfortunately Roman nor Cena swung by. Experience was expensive but worth it.