Taking a lonnnng break from pot

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by l-foote, May 27, 2007.

1. l-foote

l-foote L not i.

Never thought I'd do it, but I'm giving up Mary Jane for an unknown amount of time.

I promised this chick I would, I promise I never thought I'd make. Love makes ya do crazy shit eh?

She got anxiety from smoking herb apparantly, and I'm not gonna lie, pot does fuck with my head a bit. I usually get stuck in my thoughts, and become insecure about myself when I smoke. I mean, usually I don't give a shit, I just do my own thing, and I don't care what others think of me. But when I'm high, I've begun to worry about shit alot more.

It's been 1 week and 2 days since I last burned one down. Sometimes I just wanna say fuck and go buy a 10sack and get ripped. Other times I don't miss it at all, and I wonder why I ever smoked in the first place.

Not to mention my head is all over the place, and I had a huge breakdown tonight.

I'm not gonna get into all my issues, because lord knows I have quite a few, but I thought I'd tell ya guys that I'm off the mary jane until at least July 1st (Cannabis day/Canada Day).

I haven't been tested yet. We'll see what happens when I'm around people who are smoking, because I'll be reallllly tempted to have just one puff, which may lead to more, which may bring back my habit.

Dun dun dunnnnn it's gonna be an interesting couple weeks. I've started drinking again on weekends to keep myself semi-sane, and cigarettes are looking good right now, even though I quit those in March.

2. skullkidnate

skullkidnate ナサニエル

Good luck. I love breaks, weed will be soooo much better after your break.

3. l-foote

l-foote L not i.

honestly, i'm considering never smoking again.

haha, yeah right. but the high will be pretty fucking sweet when i get back into her. considering i needed at least a gram to the head to be good and high, but not blazed as fuck

4. Stella_Drives

Stella_Drives Senior Member

I'm glad your clearing out your head, lady. This love of your must be pretty damn special to getcha to stop smoking. The bestttt of luck to you.

5. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

Well, if you're not smoking for a while, can I "borrow" that blunt in your sig? I'll give it back when I'm done with it. It'd be greatly appreciated:spliff:

6. flowersinmyhair

flowersinmyhair Member

7. ghost of rat

ghost of rat Senior Member

Im with you, its also been a week and 2 days for me and im fine , im wondering why i smoked at all. now I dont have to bother with lieing to my parents telling them where ive been all night, dont have to worrry about the smell etc. Its good to take a break but I feel kind of guilty because im having a fun time while sober and i dont know why. anyways il hop back on the pot train sometime in the future. have fun.

8. TopNotchStoner

Oh yeah....forgot to wish you luck......good luck:spliff:

9. swazo

swazo i am amazing.

good luck.

brb, drugs to be had.

10. hippieatheart

hippieatheart vagina boob

good luck with that!

i never thought i'd take a break from weed either but i haven't smoked in like 5 days..
    trying to get my tolerance down cause i have been getting sick from smoking.

i can't wait until i smoke again sometime later.. it'll be great

11. TopNotchStoner

I haven't smoked in about 2 days, and am feeling the pressure. If nothing unforeseen happens, I'll have a brand new job tomorrow and will finally be able to buy my own weed again, and not have to rely on my weedman/cousin to smoke me out every day or so. He's really been a life saver. He's probably smoked two pounds with me over the past couple of months, after I broke my hand and couldn't work for a while.

12. skullkidnate

skullkidnate ナサニエル

Where are you going to work?

13. hippieatheart

hippieatheart vagina boob

I just started a new job too!
    so my first paycheck is going all towards weed since i took a break from it for awhile
    and i'll actually have my own money to buy it.. yesss

14. TopNotchStoner

The fookin Dollar General. It's not much, but nobody else is willing to give me a chance. I think I've fucked myself with my unstable job history and shoplifting charges, and now it's pretty much impossible to find anything. I've had about 30 fuckin jobs since I was 16....literally. I counted them up at job corps, and it was about 24 back then, but I've had a few jobs since then, so I'm calling it an even 30. lol

15. TopNotchStoner

Congrats. Where are you working?

16. l-foote

l-foote L not i.

thanks for all the luck guys!

i have to go to "Choices" in an hour. talk to an addictions counsellor. my parents totally overreacted with the whole weed thing and i'm getting kicked out if i don't go. last time I went, the intake worker just laughed at me and asked if I was only there so I wouldn't get charged. oh well.

and mary jane was in my dreams last night. i was at the supermarket and the clerk slipped some weed into my shopping bag as a lil something extra. it was weird because it was about 2g's split up between like 10 dime bags. oh my. then later on I smoked a joint, and felt my head get all fucked up, which was there

TNS: I'd would love to have you borrow my blunt, but I accidentally smoked it about a month ago :p

peace!

17. TopNotchStoner

Meh.....worth a shot:D

18. l-foote

l-foote L not i.

no harm in trying.

haha BTW i got back from choices and the basic consensus was that i have to work on staying out of my head sometimes, that my parents are pretty much close-minded, cold hearted bitches, and that i am not addicted to drugs.

19. mynameisjake07

mynameisjake07 Banned

Well good luck with everything

I do want to say something that IS CONSTRUCTIVE critcism so please dont get mad.

I feel good that you are trying to take hold of this issue your having with marijuana. Though you stated that you are drinking occasinally to feel semi sane. Ah how do I saw this without sounding like an ass lol. Basically I think if you picked up drinking now you are just filling the void. Basically its a deeper down feeling then what weed is doing for you. Now this is just a guess, but most people who use drugs may use them to "self medicate"....it seems like you may be doing this with the alcohol....your self medicating yourself because you have a deeper issue(s).

But again thats just me analyzing your situation.

20. l-foote

l-foote L not i.

haha. nah, i just like getting fucked up. if i was replacing alcohol with weed, i'd be drinking everyday. the only time i drink is with other people at a party. it's better than going to a party sober.