take this poll..... i need it for journalism...

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by below utopia, Aug 24, 2005.

1. below utopia

below utopia Baby did a bad thing

Hello :) take my poll please.

Do you think that the number of obese adolescents has increased over the years?

Also, can a few of you please add some comments too? And leave your first name and year you'll be graduating high school.

So :D for me, I'd say "Yes. People are fat ass fucks. - Shelly '08"

2. Micha

Micha Now available in Verdana!

I blame technology - Kirk '09

3. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

not in high school but i see a trend towards more peop;e having body image issues & eatting disorders & comments like fat ass fucks complicating the situation anorexia & bulemia are the only diseases ever caused by words..think about that

4. Oz!

Oz! Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Yes. I blame Oliver Hardy, terrible choice of role model - Oz/ages ago

5. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

I think that when a child is born grossly overweight, or when a kid is 50+ pounds overweight and isn't even a teenager yet, the parents should be investegated for child abuse. I see that so much, its fucking disgusting and I blame the parents entirely.

6. Edward G.

Edward G. Edwardson

born grossly overweight? :confused: how does that happen :D i kinda agree with ya though, if you see like a 150 pound 9 year old, there's sumpin wrong. :eek:

7. buxillafion

buxillafion secretary of pizza

it's so sad though..my neighbor jot's little sister died last weekend..
    it was pretty much a direct result of her being overweight..she was 8 and she had diabetes, but nobody knew until everything got really bad..

i can see where you're coming from..but seeing how her parents were..i don't know....they definitely wouldn't be in that category..so idunno how that would work out..

i have a crappy way with words..
    hah..
    =/

8. soulrebel51

Usually when the parents are fat, they pass it onto the kid.. it happened with my brother. He's 11 and weighs 170 pounds, I'm 17 and weigh about 135... :(

9. Jorma's Branches

Jorma's Branches Member

Agreed 100%.
    My own body image issues were really unresolved spiritual ones. For years my family and their churches have been drilling into me that sex is a private guilty portion of the human. I grew up hiding entire ambitions and feelings in myself. By the time high school came around, I was way deep in depression.
    I suppose I blamed my lack of familiarity with love and sex on my outward appearance as this was the only fault I could find that others could see. The medications I was put on at the time caused me to go from underweight to mildly obese.
    At 16 I chose to stop the medications regardless of my health. I started to loose weight pretty fast. Went through an eating disorder, regained twenty of the forty pounds I lost.
    And now I'm just coming out of it all.
    I finally learned/experienced sex. I finally learned/experienced love.
    My obesity for 10+ years and subsequent eating disorder was caused by doctors fixing problems fed by a dogmatic patriarchal religion.
    So in the end, it was words that caused it, like you said, soaring eagle.

10. soulrebel51

by the way... my name's Chuck and I graduated in '05 and have to do it again, which should happen in late '05/early '06. :p

11. below utopia

haha.. my parents are both fat, and im like 13 pounds underweight

12. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

this is my freind ana even in these pictures she felt 20 ponds over weight
    the myth of the ideal weight kills more people then being 50 pounds over weight ever did
    at her worse she weighed 68 pounds
    at her best 120..at 120 she wascalled fat by mean & ignorant kids..shes in recovery now..but those wordswill be with her for life
    when u say someoneds disgusting for being a few pounds heavy, this is the result..i want uu all to look at thes & realize just how sick society is that bases your self worth on your waist size..threads like this might drive any one of the readers to go to these extremes
    [​IMG][​IMG]

this is what weight obsession looks like
    noew some of u girls might even think woew shes so skinny i wish i could be like her..& thats not my intention here..
    but if u think that read this thread
    http://hipforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106818
    & you can pm me, & i can tell you the hell she went through every single day, just cause idiots called her fat at 115 pounds
    [​IMG]

thats her when she was suposedly overweight
    who the hell are you to judge how someone elses body should be!!!!!!!!!!!!
    shame on you

(forgive me..i see this illness every day, 1/2 the girls i know onder 20 suffer from it & yet you dare say everyones fat?)

13. buxillafion

buxillafion secretary of pizza

it's sucks to be obsessed with your weight and limiting and restricting food....it's horrible..

14. soulrebel51

I didn't say everyone's fat, I said that the parents should be investigated into when their kids are ungodly big.

I agree that there's been a big increase in these last couple of years/past decade in anorexia and illnesses of the sort..and I didn't say that that doesn't kill, either.

15. Edward G.

Edward G. Edwardson

oh, i didn't know that :eek: :( well...can they really help if the kid's born like that? :confused: not so much in childhood but ...can you actually be born at like 20 pounds or summat? that'd hurt :eek:

16. below utopia

aahaha i was like 11 pounds when i was born
    or somewhere around there

17. soulrebel51

My brother was near 20 when he was born... I think it was 17 or 18, but I'm not sure.

I'd ask my mom but she doesn't like her family talking about that. :rolleyes:

18. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

kids can also just posses genes that will make them retain large amounts of fat even when very little is consumed

19. Edward G.

Edward G. Edwardson

HOOOOOOOOLY shit chuck :eek: your mom must be one strong woman :eek:

haha, my dad was like ten pounds when he was born, my grandma complains about it :D

20. soulrebel51

from The Simpsons..

"that's just something fat people say."

:p :rolleyes: