Tacky feel to dreads with lint/black bits?

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by Dragonvine, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Dragonvine

Dragonvine I do Glass

I get it a little in the ends of some dreads, I try to pick it out but it still gets there... When I re-did a few of my dreads, when I was combing them out, at the root it was very tacky with black stuff stuck to the hairs. It didn't smell like mould but it was a black/dark green, but soooo doesn't smell.

It could be dust or something, at my flat and home its pretty dusty, and the carpet is dark green xD

I think I use too much of the dhhq shampoo, and don't quite wash it out... I'm switching to bonners :)

Does/did anyone have anything like this?

2. Thekarthika

Thekarthika Member

No I don't but I'm guessing it's from the carpet.
    (lol dirty)

You didn't use wax, did you?
    I don't remember.

Bronners is good but trust me it dries your scalp out like holy hell so get something that helps with that or you'll look like you walked out in a blizard. (dandruff galore!)

3. Dragonvine

Dragonvine I do Glass

Only twice- making them and a couple of months ago, someone caked it on and rubbed it in ¬¬ bastard!! So it might be that

4. Thekarthika

Thekarthika Member

Yup I'm betting that's it.. The wax hid some lint XD that's nastyyy.

Good reason not to do it ever again.

5. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

good podsssibility
    and if u live in a cirty it can be buildup city crud
    blackless could be polutants tars rubber oilsd crap from nearby busy strereets and factories ..when u do a good wash it will get erid of it (really scrub the scalp) but in no time it comes back just friom the dirtiness ogff the air
    in the city i feel grungy alot with that caked on gunk..but in the mountrains evenh with mty dreads caked in mud i feel much cleaner and dont get that caked on gunk

also, do u smoke?

could be second hand smoke buildup

6. chemigals

chemigals They call me Chemi

yeah its wax,it kinda will seep into your dreads as it heats up,say if your lying on them in bed it will melt further into your dreads.

7. Dragonvine

Dragonvine I do Glass

Ahh cool :) Ty ^^ Ironically, the dude who caked my dreads in wax, has just bought my wax for £10 ;D I tried telling him its no good, but he won't listen... So meh, may aswell get my money back for his ignorance xD

Nooooo I don't smoke. But both my houses are very dusty. I sleep with a nylon, so that probably reduces the dust falling on my dreads xD

Will do another deep cleanse tomorrow night :)

8. pypes

pypes Hot alien babes

I just made my wax into a candle. It is a bit sooty.

9. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

do the deep xleanse wax removal orange oil will help
    u may wannas concider applying the orange oil straight full strength then wait 5 min and do the deep ckeanse

10. Dragonvine

Dragonvine I do Glass

Use the orange straight? You sure? Just drop it onto my head? or mix it with some water and pour it on?

11. Smelly D

Smelly D The Dreaded Plumber

it might not work either way, it didnt for me

12. chemigals

Dont know why you dont just leave it,who knows its there? Its obviously not stopped your hair from dreading has it?

13. Dragonvine

Dragonvine I do Glass

True :) Was just thinking if its left over shampoo I should rinse my dreads more than I have been ^^ But will do that anyway.

14. WorldPeace

WorldPeace Senior Member

my dreads are probably dirty on the inside .. everything gets stuck in it :s every woolen piece of clothing leaves a little in my hair, but I don't care :p

15. chemigals

Yeah same here,Im slack and hardly ever wash mine anyway,just let them be I say :)

16. WorldPeace

WorldPeace Senior Member

well i do wash often, but wool and dusty stuff doesn't really get out..