Switching fertilsilser when budding?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing' started by Stiney, Jun 9, 2006.

1. Stiney

Stiney Member

Ok so a few people have told me that you should change your fertiliser when the plant starts budding, is this true? My plants have started budding, should I be using some different fertiliser than the one I've been using all along? The fert I'm using breaks down like this : Nitrogen=10.6%, Phosphorous Pentoxide=4.4%, Potassium Oxide=1.7%. Also is it normal for your plant to start losing leaves when it starts budding?

2. buffoonman

buffoonman Senior Member

Yes you should switch to a bloom fertiliser that has less nitrogen. Yes it is normal to lose leaves during flowering.

3. Stiney

Stiney Member

thanks buffoon man, could you or anyone else gives us the breakdown of ingredients that should be in it? like the percentage of nitrogen, potassium ect? Gur raibh maith agat.

4. rangerdanger

rangerdanger Senior Member

During the first 3 weeks of flowering marijuana more than doubles in height. This requires lots of N (nitrogen). Keep using the veg nutrients during the first 3 weeks of flowering, then flush and switch to a flowering nutrient.

Different company's make nutrients in different concentrations so I can't tell you exactly what the numbers should be, except to say that the middle number (P) should be highest, at least double of what the first number (N) is.
    Don't overdo it on the nutes. Too much is just as bad as not enough.

I suggest using a quality flowering nutrient.