Swinging?

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by LaaLaa, Oct 7, 2012.

1. LaaLaa

LaaLaa Guest

Hi all,

I've been in a serious relationship for about 4 years now, but lately the same argument keeps popping up- swinging.

We're very open and truthful with the way we feel about each other, he says he's bored of me sexually and wants us to swing, we've toyed with the idea a few times and gone on a few sites but have never followed through with anything.

The idea of us doing that upsets me, sometimes I think I would be able to do it then I just snap back to the reality that I'm sure I couldn't handle it, to see him with another woman just really upsets me so much.

We are serious about our future together but he tells me if we continue down this path that eventually he will have to walk away.
    I don't want us to lose our special bond, but I'm just so confused.

Has anyone been in this predicament before? Was the outcome good or bad?
    Any advice is greatly appreciated.

2. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

My advice is to play separately for starters. Having casual sex does not have to be shock therapy or a confession booth.

3. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

Swinging is a bad idea- been there. You end up breaking up anyway and then feel like you only attempted swinging to save your relationship. Not worth it! Just break up. You're only 26!? Do you really want to spend the rest of you life with someone ALREADY bored with you?He sounds very selfish to me. It is a common option people think will help, but it's a waist of time, especially under these circumstances.

Mark41 likes this.
  4. 12barblues

12barblues Member

Swinging is something you do when you have an amazing, wonderful relationship...and both of you want to share something new and exciting together....not something you do to fix a collapsing relationship...don't do it.

Hedonistpleazr and magickman like this.
  5. enhancer13

enhancer13 Senior Member

If you are in a strong, secure and happy relationship with good communication, mutual respect and already have an amazing sex life then swinging can be just one more fun thing you can experience together! It does not sound like that is what you have and it would be a terrible idea to go down this path to try and fix something. Do not let yourself be pressured to do anything you are not 100% interested in and comfortable with.

On a side note if someone told me they were bored with our sex life I would tell them to go back to fucking themselves then.

1 person likes this.
  6. pipgirl

pipgirl Member

you won't save your relationship if you let him fuck someone else because he is bored of you... that's really selfish of him.
    my advice (like everyone else's until now) is don't do it, you will only end up hurt.

7. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

I've said a lot about this topic in another thread, so I won't repeat it all here, but I will repeat that I've never heard of partner swapping turning out well for a couple that did not have an extremely strong and secure relationship. If I were you, I'd have nothing to do with this.

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I just reopened or logged into my existing swinging profile for the first time in over a year. All the regulars were still there. :D
    When you get away from the fact it's full of 97% males trying to score, you find those odd 3% are a close knit community like here. :)

Anyhoo they liked me back. Said I was the only genuine gay girl willing to meet anyone. :D aaaaaaand already turning down messages from single males. =\

9. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

I'm surprised they allow single males. Many around here aren't too keen on it.
    Single females are totally fine though.
    Here it works better for a single guy to find a single female friend and go in as a couple. :)

10. 1runner

1runner Members

I have had a threesome with two women. Before I did this it was a huge dream like most men, but the best part was how much my girlfriend loved the attention. After the girl would leave we would have awesome sex.We broke up after a couple years.
    ?
    ?I'm older now and dying to have sex with a couple, women love the attention. I have had a couple couple's ask me but the timing never worked out,