swimming free. Anyone"?

Discussion in 'Bare It!' started by positive vibes, Jan 3, 2005.

1. I was just wondering does anyone else love swimming naked? I love it, when i go for a swim in my cousins pool (next door) I always stripp off if no one is home and swim, and I cant wait to be able to go for a surf naked, it would be such bliss. Does anybody else love to swim naked, and if so does anyone have any good stories? Cheers, Conor.

2. Bilby

Bilby Freerangertarian Staff Member

You can do it at Confest and at Confab.There are also nudist camps but I find them a bit conservative on the whole.

3. moominmamma

moominmamma Member

Yes swimming naked is great.......my worst experience in terms of embarrassment was on a cool spring day when I went with my family to a local nudist beach. It's very remote and quiet and beautiful( the beach where the last scene in Shakespeare in Love is filmed if you have ever seen the film) and there seemed to be noone about so I left my clothes with my husband and kids and went for a long lovely swim. I was in the sea for quite a while and the tide was going out....so as I got out of the water I had a good walk to my clothes, began my walk feeling quite chilly but happy, until two elderly Quaker ladies from the local meeting that I had just joined began walking briskly towards me. They were fully dressed in that totally covered from head to toe, tweed suits, and thick stockings sort of way, and I was totally naked and feeling very embarrassed....there was nothing to do but to look them firmly in the eyes and wish them a pleasant " Good Afternoon," it took me a good six months before I dared to show myself ( fully clothed of course:p ) at that Quaker meeting again:&

4. Amontillado

Amontillado Member extraordinaire

Ah yes, but to a Quaker the Inner Light would glow all the more brightly if you weren't wearing clothes! Not to mention your obvious disdain for "outward display".

5. moominmamma

moominmamma Member

LOL I love that....yes I felt I was really fufilling the simplicity testimony with regard to my clothing....and my inner light was definitely on full display:)

6. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

I was 15 when I visited my first nude beach. Two buddies and I spent 2 hours on a bus to get there. When we first walked out onto the beach, we had our shorts on. Numerous disapproving looks immediately told us to lost the shorts, which we did. My fear at that age was that I would get an erection from seeing the nude women. Right away, a woman approached and asked for a light. I was relieved to see that I was able to remain relaxed next to her.
    I have swam in the ocean, in streams, in lakes, and in pools au naturel, and enjoy it.
    On the West Coast Trail, I noticed a big difference in attitudes of European hikers, and N. American ones. The Germans, etc., swam nude without a thought. My partner and I were the only N. Americans that I saw do it, in 4 years of doing the trail.
    Meager Creek Hot Springs, (now closed down due to rowdiness problems), was a place that you could find people of all ages and backgrounds bathing nude. It was good to see so many people without a negative view towards the nude human body.

7. MoonjavaSeed

MoonjavaSeed Yeah, Toast!

yeah suitless swimmin is always a good time!

8. NudistMike07

NudistMike07 Member

Swimsuits serve absoulutely no purpose and just are there to please the stuck up prudish members of society so they dont have to suck it in and deal with nudity like the men and women they are. If people are that easily hurt and paranoid about nudity then they obviously need help because if you get hurt so easily by something as stupid as nudity then just imagine what else could hurt you and people like that really need to figure out their issues on their own time and stop ruining everybody else's lives just because they happen to have issues.

9. txbarefooter

txbarefooter Senior Member

swimsuit do have a purpose ... imagine, if you can, a 5'5" 200 person naked. ** shivers **

10. Bilby

Bilby Freerangertarian Staff Member

On hot a summer's night many people skinnydip in the rivers in a very unofficial manner.

11. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

i prefer rivers oceans and hot springs. i tend to not care though if people see me.

12. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

I would prefer that to the same person in a speedo, or bikini. Speedos on vertically challenged men are a bizarre combination in my eyes. Nudity is more palatable.

13. Sammy

Sammy Member

I love it. I used to strip off my shorts as soon as I got under the water, and still do at crowded beaches. However, now my preference is definitely for nude beaches, or beaches quiet enough to get naked without anyone caring. I'm naked in my garden at home no matter who is there (my neighbours are cool with it) and I've been nude at a music festival too.

14. Amontillado

Amontillado Member extraordinaire

Being a naturist, which means I don't apply judgments to people's bodies, I wouldn't have anything to say about some body who was a bit, shall we say, abundant. But if I were a bad naturist who might be critical, then I'd still prefer to see that abundance shown naturally and without shame, rather than bulging out of a swimsuit. What exactly would the swimsuit be worn to hide?

15. urbangal

urbangal Member

I have to admit...swimming nude intriges me. I mostly stay clothed cause my tats are important to me and I don't want them fading.

16. nakedman55

nakedman55 Member

It,s amazing to how some people have the nerve and selfish attitudes about who should and should not be seen naked. If they are 5,5 and 200 lbs or more they must be a shameful abomination not to be seen. that is what is wrong with our prudish society, people insisting that you must be petite and well shaped in order to participate and be accepted as nudes or models or in a lot of other social settings. I personally view these narrow minded people as lacking in character, self absorbed judgemental and devoid of any real social skills, and no, although I do have a few xtra lbs, I am not shaped like a beer barrel, I believe EVERYONE who chooses to be naked should be. If you can,t accept that go find a corner where only " pretty people " like you can admire each other.

17. curious78

curious78 Member

whenever legally possiable! :D

18. nldn

nldn Senior Member

Once you have swum nude you will prefer it. Regardless of your shape and size.

19. dabla

dabla Member

I was finally able to skinny dip for the first time, in the ouchita river.

20. BobbyGayBoi

BobbyGayBoi Member

Naked is the best way to swim. Fortunately Ronnie's 'rents have an in-ground pool that we can use as often as we want. Actually it was his 'rents that introduced me to swimming naturally -- when I was 9 and Ronnie was then just my best friend.

Hugz
    Bobby

BTW -- why is baked one sylable, but naked is two???