Surgery

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by fitzy21, May 27, 2004.

1. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

i just had knee surgery. they pumped me with so much meds. they gave me a valium befor surgery and it was pretty cool. and then the anestethia was pretty cool. and they put some morphene (sp?) in my knee. i had the surgeery yesterday, so how long am i going to be tired for. anything i do i get really tired. so if any1 has had surgery before, and can answer give me a rough time scale, that would be great. thanks

2. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

sorry, no time frame . but you can have my well wishes.

why'd you need the surgery

3. didge

didge Member

Ive had four operations on my knee....it took about....8months ta get it..ok...but, its still fucked. and it aint gonna get better...

but, i reckon, that aint yer case. id say, a week, and yal be feelin on top o the world!;)

4. fitzy21

needed surgery to repair my meniscus. i had a lateral tear in my meniscus in my right knee.

5. didge

didge Member

ah jasus, dont worry then, you'll be grand. the knee is a shit ole place to be hurtin thou. but the tiredness..i reckon its cause your weak, after all the meds,and bein cut open and all...take some vitamins,and eat well, and get yer energy back:)

6. fitzy21

my lungs feel fine, its just that every time i take a breath, it feels like i am always taking longer breaths than normal. its like i'm really really calm. and whenever i get up, i get really tired. but my knee is feeling a lot better as i move it more.

7. hiro

hiro pursue it

Two weeks. My stepdad had knee replacement surgery and is going to have it replaced again next week but yeah two weeks with therapy... and then after that you should start feeling better.

8. schatzi

schatzi Member

I have to get knee surgery pretty soon. I don't wanna go!!!

~Chrissy

9. fitzy21

what are you getting knee surgery for? Don't worry about it though, its fine. i got drugged up real good, so i didn't feel a thing. funny thing though, my mom was reading my chart as i was in the recovery room, but the nurse took it away since i am 19. the nurse wasn't gonna let them in until i said they could come in.

also, one of my friends just had knee surgery to repiar his ACL two days before mine.

so don't worry about it, everything will be fine.

10. MrDefiant

MrDefiant Member

Ive had 3 major operations and 3 minor, none on my knee
    the first time it took some 3 weeks to regain my strength, the last it took a few hours before I was out planting trees for a friend (I planted a forest that day so.... ya)

11. schatzi

schatzi Member

I "pop" my knee cap every once in a while. I'll step down or something and the knee cap won't hook into the groove (I think that's what they called it) and it hurts like crazy. It hasn't happened in a while but I've had near occasions and it hurts a lot fo the time, so I'm still going to end up doing the surgery when I can pay for it. I really don't want to go, though, hospitals freak me out.

12. fitzy21

there was a guy at my physcial therapy who had what sounds like the same problem as you. he let the problem persist for 3 months and it just got worse to the point where he couldn't walk. he said it was a relatively easy surgery. he goes to physcial therapy once a week and will regain full mobility.

you don't have insurance that will pay for the surgery schatz? cuz i know my surgery was fully covered. either way, good luck.

13. schatzi

schatzi Member

I haven't really checked with my insurance to see if it covers it. I don't plan on having the surgery any time soon, to be honest. I don't think my case is as bad as that guy, either. I've had it for as long as I can remember, really, but it's just more of a pain than anything else.

14. alex714

alex714 To the Left

i was suppose to have surgery on my left ankle, but it heald alright although its hurting like a bitch latley.
    dads going into surgery on monday! the doctors gave us a video to watch on it, it was intresting...helpful.

15. schatzi

schatzi Member

I wouldn't have the stomach to watch that!

16. alex714

alex714 To the Left

oh i cant stomach blood, needles or anything graphic, but it wasnt that bad. some parts i closed my eyes, but it didnt show the actually surgical process they are going to have preformed on him. it had a lot of diagrams and interviews with survivors.

17. schatzi

schatzi Member

oh, that I could probably manage...maybe

18. alex714

alex714 To the Left

dont you hate it when you're flipping through channels and you stumble upon one of those graphic operation shows, like 'life in the ER' ?! i hate when that happens!!

19. schatzi

schatzi Member

especially when you don't know what you're looking at and then you realize it's the inside of someone's kindney, or whatever.