Superman 2 and Lois Lane

Discussion in 'Sci-Fi Movies' started by BlissRainbow, Mar 23, 2013.

1. BlissRainbow

BlissRainbow Member

Why didn't just Superman tell Lois Lane that he loved her? When she expressed everything she was feeling to him and he asked her what he should do she said, "Just tell me you love me."

I think if she was trying to tell him it was difficult to be the lover of Superman but she could handle it as long as she had him and his love.

But for some reason, he couldn't see that and pulled that whole "amnesia-kiss" thing again right out of his ass.~

1 person likes this.
  2. odonII

odonII O

Maybe because they didn't know how many films they would be making.

1 person likes this.
  3. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

Because she would be in danger more than anyone else in the world being known as his girl, and he knew he couldn't always be there to protect her.

4. BlissRainbow

BlissRainbow Member

This still doesn't make any sense, he could of just publicly ended their relationship as "Superman and Lois Lane" and later after a awhile be with her as "Clark Kent and Lois Lane", since nobody but her new his true "human" identity.~

5. Justin_Hale

But as Clark Kent he could still have to protect her in a bar fight, or something like that, where his glasses could get knocked off revealing his true identity.

6. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Maybe he just didn't like her that much and wanted to let her down easy...

How would I know... Never saw the flick.

7. BlissRainbow

BlissRainbow Member

He could still protect her, but he would have to practice really hard to hold back.~ This has been done, the whole "Superman with Lois Lane" thing in the comics and in "Smallville" future storyline and yes she DOES know he's Clark Kent.~

8. odonII

odonII O

Isn't it true that 'in the comics' there are alternate realities/continuities - depending on the arc the writers wish to take?
    Some realities she knows, and in others she doesn't.
    I think the generally accepted premise is that she doesn't know until atleast they are engaged/married.

Obviously both the comics and the TV series had a longer time to tell the story.
    How long did 'Smallville' (and the 90s version) drag the whole thing out for?

I didn't know the whole Spider-man's parents story arc (secret agents)...
    ...until it was decided to go in that direction for the reboot.

Why didn't he tell her? Cuz the film makers didn't want him to - it's probably that simple.

Why waste a good plot device if you might be making more.

9. Justin_Hale

See, that's a problem right there. She might get her mind read and endanger herself that way, and Clarks anonymity.

10. BlissRainbow

BlissRainbow Member

I'm generally going to agree with OdonII that the reason he did not tell her he loved her instead of wiping her memory was: crappy story by crappy writers.~

11. BlissRainbow

BlissRainbow Member

Or maybe they were actually GOOD writers and they made him make her forget so they could set up a connecting story-line in the next movies!~ ^_^

12. Mike Suicide

Mike Suicide Sweet and Tender Hooligan

The whole idea if Lois not knowing is to protect her from Supermans enemies. Superman is indestructible, but Lois is an easy target, and can be a greater weakness then Kryptonite.

In some alternate realities she does know, but her not knowing retains a "mystery" to the story and keeps things interesting.

13. BlissRainbow

BlissRainbow Member

"Interesting" or "frustrating" depending on how you look at it.~

Any ways, I've always focused more on their "romance" and the "actual story of the movie being shown", "her knowing or not knowing" was always a "minor part" of "their romance" for me.~

14. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

I don't think it would have made any sense for his character to have told her. He's a much more reserved and socially careful person than that.

Kind of. It really depends on which era of comics.
    For instance, there is one alternate reality in modern DC continuity, but Superman is dead in it. But there are non-canon stories all the time, and conflicts all the time.
    Yeah, I think finding out is usually part of the package of getting engaged or married.

15. BlondeSunshine

BlondeSunshine Members

I love Superman 2. :)

1 person likes this.
  16. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

They should have made Part 2 the last one..... THEY BECAME CRAP AFTER 2!!

17. BlondeSunshine

BlondeSunshine Members

I like Lex Luthor. I think his library is fabulous. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. Dude111

Because she was crying and felt guilty,she couldnt handle it..... He helped her forget him......

Superman 2 is the BEST of the series!!

19. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

I like 2... But I think I prefer the first one.

20. Dude111

The first one is good but its kinda slow......... The 2nd one is good/fast paced action :)