Superficial Question #430: "Hippy style".

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by Lodui, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Real hippys are naked... try it next time ya go to a banquet.

2. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

I don't even know what that is... better ask someone else. [​IMG]

3. Lady Eala

Lady Eala Member

i guess if that is a superficial question, then maybe im kind of superficial....i love clothes, my husband thinks i have too many clothes (altho i dont know what he is complaining about, he got some of his best tye dye from me-including my old ZEP tees--a dude who prides himself on having a piece of tye dye for every day of the week, aiming to have one for every day of the month.....oh sorry, im as baked as brownies right now, wandered...)--naked is great, but i think clothes can even be sacred as well as an expression of your reality......(what?).....tye dye, an old favorite, a good, comfortable pair of jeans (i wrote a poem about my old blue jeans once loved them), whatever reflects who the heck you are on this planet at this moment. anywho.....enjoy your threads man!

4. MamasRosebud

MamasRosebud Member

Breezy tops and sundresses, well worn-in jeans, feminine Earth Mama stuff...and sparkles or beads never hurt. I love things that help me connect with my womanhood.

5. yovo

yovo Member

well for the "true hippie", if I can say that, it's not about what they wear but where it comes from and what it represents

-buy local if you can and support a craftsperson in your community
    -buy thrift and reduce the consumer demand and all that waste that comes with that
    -buy only what you need ;)
    -make best use of what you already have, patches work wonders when something starts wearing out and give a personal flare
    -earth tones are pleasent to the eye and those around you
    -support co-ops or bussnisses that have an eco friendly policy. In Canada Mountain Equipment Co-op is a wicked option, it's a tad pricey and trendy but sometime you have to put your money where your mouth is.

peace

6. yovo

yovo Member

oh, and try and support makers of hemp and organic cotton clothing!!!

7. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

i say Glad trashbags, or burlap sacks, thats what I go with everyday...but sometimes I kick it up a knotch and use color trashbags...

8. shoelaceknots

shoelaceknots Member

I think they do... I'm almost sure they do...yeah... they do!
    They have nekkid weddings at rainbow gatherings.....so that must BE a yes, huh. :)

9. carnelian

carnelian Member

i think the whole hippie clothing thingy is about individuality. i sew clothes myself and buys a lot second hand in thrift stores and at ebay. you can also buy new clothes and change them with embroideries, pearls or paint. tie-dye and bellbottoms always works.

10. Sunflower73

Sunflower73 Member

I agree with you. I usually slap on a t-shirt and jeans and wear boots, all which I usually get on sale. Oh and a great pair of earrings.

11. Bargain Junki

Bargain Junki Member

anything thats comfy... like loafers : )

12. Jelena :-)

Jelena :-) ~

I like clothes from India, so I buy it in India shop. I also like jeans with t-shirt and skirt, and big earrings.

13. peacehippy

peacehippy Member

yeah i agree with the person on the first page of the thread....buy from thrift stores....does it alot of good, and also you can mix and match, and make your own style, from clothes that are affordable!

14. HippieFlowerGirl67

HippieFlowerGirl67 Banned

I wear a peace necklace, jeans, etc....

15. all_rhodesian_reject

all_rhodesian_reject Sonskyn Elvis

shorts that were once jeans...stop at mid calf...t-shirt...shirt...simple really