Super Size Me

Discussion in 'Globalization' started by Kandahar, Jan 9, 2005.

1. Kandahar

Kandahar Banned

Who here has seen this great documentary? Ugh, I never want to eat fast food again. I wanted to throw up just from watching it.

I think the best cure for obesity in America would be to watch this movie. :)

2. well he ate the same exactl thing for a whole month for breakfast lunch and dinner right? well if anyone ate the same thing for a month 3 times a day anyone could get sick of it. One time in this darwin awards thing there was like this guy who killed himself by having a badly ventilated room and what happened was his mix of foods (beans n a little bit of other stuff) killed him in his sleep. If he had the window open or a better ventilated room or something he would have lived, but he died cause it wasnt. That sucks and is funny to die by your on gases! ick!

3. atropine

atropine Member

yeah.. its stupid.. if anyone ate the same thing constantly and/or in excess like that of course theyd get sick. funny in the bit about all the mcdonalds in the world, they completely left out my country.

4. Megara

Megara Banned

haha, i read about that..whats worse is, the paramedics who went in the room had to go to the hospital because they got sick when they entered the room..nasty!

5. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

i didn't have to see that documentary to be turned off from fast food. i just can't stomach all of it anymore. though, i do make an exception here and there for Wendy's, but that exception happens no more than 5 times a year.

6. Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam Vegetable Man

He didn't eat the same thing for each meal everyday. He had to order everything on the menu at least once.

7. element7

element7 Random fool

French Fries are scary.

8. I went and saw it with my sister when it was in the theatre here, and afterword, I strangely had a craving for McDonald's. Mmmm...

9. dasBenzin

dasBenzin Member

If you made a documentary proving there was shit in fast food people would still eat it. LOL

10. zelia

zelia Member

LOL. People will continue to make their own decisions, some silly documentary isn't going to deter them.

As far as this movie is concerned, thought it was just okay, though it definately isn't going to stop me from eating fast food. Plus, I have a really hard time with the director's credibility

11. wasnt the guy a vegetarian?..

12. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

nope, his girlfriend was a vegan though and before the mcD's thing, he ate a lot of organic foods, etc. afterwards, his gf put him on a macrobiotic vegan cleanse

13. Shaman420

Shaman420 Herbalist

I would NEVER eat fast food.

14. sm0key42o8

sm0key42o8 Senior Member

I saw it, Will never eat at McDonalds again. B/c of that movie I have started to watch whats in my food and what I eat. I have started eating less and have started to loss weight and I feel alot better and I dont sleep as much as I use too. If you have not seen the movie-SEE IT. Reading bout it is only someone elses veiw of the movie...

15. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

I think Morgan ate veg more often than not before this filming.
    What hit me was the almost-aside abut having to walk less to be a Standard American.
    rent it as a DVD and watch the extras, and decide for yourself.
    I fould Morgan a bit much, but I had no issues with credibility.

16. purcolekraze

purcolekraze Member

That movie totally grossed me out. I believed I experienced hte same reactions as you.

17. purcolekraze

purcolekraze Member

That movie totally grossed me out. I believed I experienced the same reactions as you.

18. zelia

zelia Member

This movie did little to change my eating habits. It did show me what happens when you give up every single attempt at being active and overeat does to the body. Honestly, this guy could have picked food from just about anywhere else, lets say TGIFridays, and the results would have been the same.

Proves very little, imho.

19. bedlam

bedlam Senior Member

l watched it, and l've never eaten McDonalds food since..

20. amberfilter

amberfilter Member

yeah I think the moral is about the saturated fat content, not so much that it was "the same thing every meal" considering how many people in 3rd world countries live off mainly rice. peace.