Super Seaweed.

Discussion in 'Organic Cannabis Growing' started by buffoonman, Apr 12, 2006.

1. buffoonman

buffoonman Senior Member

Started using seaweed extract both as foliar feed and root feed the plants love it. Seems to cure any minor problems plus increases growth rate. Tried it on my house plants to they have never looked as healthy.

2. Naturalhi

Naturalhi Great hairy ape

Sorry, not aquianted with seaweed for growing, although we live about 1/2 mile a whole beach full. do you use it exclusively or with nutrients.

3. buffoonman

buffoonman Senior Member

Its an added extra helps root growth and nutrient uptake use alongside your ordinary nutrients.Helps your plant withstand stress .

4. Naturalhi

Naturalhi Great hairy ape

5. rangerdanger

rangerdanger Senior Member

Seaweed has to be composted to be beneficial.

6. buffoonman

buffoonman Senior Member

Unless you buy it in a bottle

7. SlowNickel

SlowNickel Member

The seaweed that is liquid or soluble powder is ascophylum nodusm usually. A cold water seaweed that is high in plant hormones. The stuff works great if you get it from a good source. Some sources are cooked to take out actives in which case the hormones are lost...

Pulling seaweed from the beach is another issue. It has to be washed and well composted. Some are very rich in salts and do not loose the salts, meaning you could salt the hell out of your place even if you wash it out before composting. Experiment!

8. jopr1091

jopr1091 Member

Maxicrop is a great product for this IMO :)

9. Delta2012

Delta2012 Member

I swear by Maxicrop with sequestered Iron.

I used to use the regular Maxicrop Kelp extract but when i wanted to add Iron, i was going to use J Arthur Bowers Ericaceous tonic but came accross the Maxicrop sequestered.

Does a great job and only use that instead of regular and an extra Iron supplement nowadays.

Save, save, save!

10. organic grower

organic grower Guest

I swear by soluble kelp, it is amazing the reaction the plants have, all plants. I've used Maxicrop with great sucess, but I recently came across a website that offers it at a much more affordable price! All sorts of organic supplements, humic, fulvic, kelp, blends, I'm hooked.

11. M4N14C42O

M4N14C42O Cannabis Connoisseur

gotta love the organics........good shit mang!

12. Rocklobster

Rocklobster Senior Member

Not long been using it but its worked wonders on my over cloned plants even started to grow 5 leafs again.

13. alaskalady

alaskalady Guest

name of the web site