Super powers discussion

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by TrumpCards, Apr 13, 2018.

1. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Damn, you don't even have the powers (...yet) and your ego is expanding!

Let's face it. You'd be corrupted by your power and become a villain.

2. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Being invisible would give me a rush, but I would do good things with it. What little faith you have. ;)

3. TrumpCards

TrumpCards Visitor

Hmmm.. if I could be invisible, one of the first things I’d do is go into a woman’s changing room and check out the girls. I’m furious I never once did this in high school. I highly doubt I’d get expelled for that.

Also, I tried reading a children’s book called “Things not Seen”. (I dropped it after the halfway point cause it sucked). In it, a boy becomes invisible, but because he’s a little fag he doesn’t want to go into a women’s changing room.

4. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Lol... Maybe I'm projecting. I'm positive I'd get up to all sorts of no good. Not evil, and I'd definitely do good things with it but... Well, let's say I'm Isildur and this particular super power is the One Ring, if you take my reference.

5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i've always kind of wondered about the gender difference in this question. when i was on a dating site a while back, there was a match question asking if you could have a superpower, would you take flight or invisibility. obviously i took flight, since that is so useful and cool. and while i didn't look at many male profiles, that seemed to be the consensus. on the other hand, i looked at a thousand female profiles, and at least 999 of those 1000 women said they would go with invisibility. i've thought long and hard, and i can't figure out why men want to fly and women want to hide.

6. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Why does this not surprise me? lol

lol Maybe

But, remember what happened to him? Not a happy ending. He seemed torn.

The only other super power I might like to have is to have unlimited knowledge. To know everything. To be that smart.

7. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Probably so they can go have a drink and not get hit on. Or walk down an alley at night and not be creeped the fuck out.

On the other hand, I think I'd still be creeped out, so... My theory is on shaky ground right from the get go. I'm sticking with the first part though.

8. TrumpCards

TrumpCards Visitor

Hmmm... Interesting. I’m a man and I would instantly go with invisibility. I would only take flight if I could use that for the time travel power I want.

9. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

this is at least as good as any theory i've come up with.

10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Omni-cunnilingualism?

11. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Exactly. At first I'd be ''I'm going to use this for good! '' An hour later I'm hanging out with TrumpCards in the women's locker room. InstaCorrupted.

Deidre likes this.
  12. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Made me salivate. Thanks.

13. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

As a superhero, the idea is to save people, save the world, so going with that theory, you can accomplish much more if your enemy doesn't see you coming. Plus, you could spy on him/her. So, not ''hiding,'' rather, it's a strategy. I can't speak for the other women on that dating site, but that's how I feel about it.

I wouldn't mind flying as my super power, either. Invisible AND flying. Hey...that would ridiculously awesome.

14. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

If I had the ability to read minds like Professor Charles Xavier in the X-Men yes, I would even know which
    females are interested in a threesome without getting slapped

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  15. TrumpCards

TrumpCards Visitor

Huh? Did you make a mistake reading that? I would think you would be more effective saving people if you could fly (you just have to move to a city that regularly has burning buildings), which is something I’d imagine men would want more than women.

16. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Maybe that's what happened to Isildur. Didn't have his priorities straight. lol

17. TrumpCards

TrumpCards Visitor

Priorities “straight”. Lol

18. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

the way i remember, the question didn't say anything about saving people or the purpose of the power at all; it was just what would you rather be able to do.

but if you are trying to save people, i would still go with flying. you could still spy pretty easily, since nobody really looks for spies over their head. and with flight, you can actually get to the people that need saving as fast as possible. invisibility wouldn't help with that, beyond being able to sneak onto the bus.

you are right, combining the two would be ideal. i wonder if somebody has already figured out how to do that, and that's why we keep reading about people that see strange flying objects that suddenly disappear.

19. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Well if the guy who defeated the Dark Lord didn't have his act together, things are looking pretty grim for ole McFuddy using his powers appropriately.

But at least I'll have fun. Until I get murdered by an orc, that is.

Deidre likes this.
  20. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

I think the idea behind being invisible for me, is that I could just travel anywhere, be anywhere, and no one would know. There's something cool about that. The freedom to be anywhere, around anyone, celebrities, etc...and they have no idea that you're there. Hear conversations when people think no one is around but them. Spy on people. You could be a private investigator and it would make your job so much easier. ''How does she do it?'' my clients would say.

I never thought of the financial angle, but I could become rich if I were invisible. That's my favorite part of the Harry Potter series, he would put on that cloak, and poof, he would go spy on people.