Sundays determine who you vote for...

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by cerridwen, Jun 3, 2004.

1. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I thought this was rather interesting... if anyone cares...

Churchgoing Closely Tied To Voting Patterns
    [​IMG]
    Author: Susan Page Source: USA Today
    [​IMG]
    Title: CHURCHGOING CLOSELY TIED TO VOTING PATTERNS

Where will you spend Sunday morning? Will you go to church or Home Depot? Sing in the choir or play golf? Answer that question and you've given the most reliable demographic clue about your vote on Election Day.

Voters who say they go to church every week usually vote for Republicans. Those who go to church less often or not at all tend to vote Democratic.

Forget the gender gap. The "religion gap" is bigger, more powerful and growing. The divide isn't between Catholics and Protestants, Jews and Gentiles. Instead, on one side are those of many faiths who go to services, well, religiously: Catholics who attend Mass without fail, evangelical Christians and mainline Protestants who show up for church rain or shine, some Orthodox Jews. On the other side are those who attend religious services only occasionally or never.

http://www.witchvox.com/wren/wn_detail.html?id=10080 is where I found this article...

2. thehipsterdufus

thehipsterdufus Member

so there may be a link in the way some people just blindly follow, whether it be religion or political party -- not ALL, just some

3. hello

hello ~*resonance*~

hey, that makes a lot of sense, actually.

for instance, i sleep through about half of my sundays,
    and i am equally apathetic and uninvolved when it comes to politics :p