Sun Tea

Discussion in 'Let Food Be Your Medicine' started by nimh, Jun 26, 2006.

1. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

we finally got summer here, and i've been making sun tea everyday. just a little of this and a little of that, pop it into one of those one gallon glass jars with the little spigot, set it in the sun until the end of the day and then to the fridge to cool for drinking the next day

i mix and match ingredients depending on mood, availability or whatever. most of these are freshly picked from the garden, or as fresh as i can get them!

sliced up lime/lemon
    lemon thyme
    lemon balm
    calendula blossom
    nasturtium
    mint
    fennel
    horsetail (for calcium)
    milk thistle (liver cleanser)
    lavender
    chamomile
    raspberry leaf
    nettle (dried, i havent been brave enough yet to try fresh)

dried herbs get tied together in a scrap of mesh cloth. fresh herbs tie together with a bit of hemp twine, or i'll pop them into the elastic holding the dried herb bag. i stick a chopstick into the elastic/twine and pop the whole thing into the jar. the chopstick keeps the herbs from floating back up to the top.

i've got to dump the contents of my photocard, but maybe if i get ambitious in the next couple of days, i'll put up a pic of one of my suntea jars, they really are just beautiful. :)

2. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

Ohhh we make sun tea here a lot in the summer months. It's just so good! I swear it tastes ten times better than simply brewing it indoors!

3. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

absolutely! it's like it tastes like sunshine or something. :)

~*~happy sunshiney summery thoughts!~*~