Summer of Love 40th Anniversary Festival

Discussion in 'Events and Festivals' started by newo, May 28, 2007.

1. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

2. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Yeah, that looks fuckin' GREAT! And it's FREE too!

Announced Today World's Long Anticipated 40th Anniversary of the Summer of Love, San Francisco, Sept. 2, 2007 ''A Gathering of the Tribes''
    Wednesday May 23, 10:19 pm ET

SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Summer of Love 40th will be held Sunday, September 2nd at Speedway Meadows, Golden Gate Park, from 10am to 6pm. ADMISSION IS FREE.

Musicians from across the country will be joining San Francisco at ground zero, where it all began, celebrating ""Summer of Love 40th" Anniversary."

CONFIRMED ACTS (as of 5/23/07) INCLUDE: Ray Manzarek (the Doors), Country Joe McDonald (Country Joe and the Fish), Canned Heat, Michael McClure (Beat poet), New Riders of the Purple Sage, Nick Gravenites, David Laflamme (It's a Beautiful Day), Alameda All Stars (Gregg Allman), Merl Saunders, Terry Haggarty (Sons of Champlin), Dan Hicks, The Charlatans, Essra Mohawk (Mothers of Invention), Barry Melton, Jim Post (Friends and Lovers, Siegel-Schwall Blues Band), Paul "Lobster" Wells , Chief Sunny Ray, Fishbone, Iroquois Tribe, Dakota Tribe, Seminole Tribe, Emit Powell and the Gospel Elites. Additional acts are still confirming. For more information and a complete listing of entertainment, please see: www.2b1records.com/summeroflove40th.
    Representatives from hundreds of groups are joining the event in support of the principals of peace, love, and understanding. These include:

The American Indigenous Peoples
    The Seminole Tribe
    The Iroquois Tribe
    Indigenous People of South America
    Speakers from the peace movement
    Speakers from the Free speech movement
    Speakers from the Anti-war movement
    Poets from the beat generation

Events across the nation and around the world are honoring the "Summer of Love 40th" in support of San Francisco's counter-culture. San Diego, Monterey, Vancouver Canada, England, France, Germany & the Czech Republic are all supporting the principals of the 60's generation, and the birth of the counter-culture.

A webcast of the event will be streamed throughout the day at the Apple Quicktime(TM) website. For more information: www.2b1records.com/summeroflove40th.

Pop artist icon, Peter Max said, "I am so happy to see a concert is being held in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Summer of Love. It's important there is a historical legacy to the message this time period represents. We need to always celebrate the universal values of compassion, peace and love."

General Info: summeroflove40th@yahoo.com, www.2b1records.com/summeroflove40th

Media please note 2b1records.com/summeroflove, amazing vintage summer of love art

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We hope to see you there!
    Contact Us for More Information
    summeroflove40th@yahoo.com

3. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Let's have a MEETUP at the Event!

Where's a good place to meet?

4. trekker

trekker Intrepid Traveler

Sounds great. I hope I can make it. I am all the way on the other coast unfortunatley when events of this magnitude occur. I love San Francisco. If I can be there I will.

5. Magical Fire Lady

Magical Fire Lady Senior Member

Whoa groovy! I wanna go

6. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Okay, so who went, how was it, what happened there and do you have any photos?