sum questions

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by DeadheadHippieForPea, Aug 18, 2005.

1. DeadheadHippieForPea

DeadheadHippieForPea Member

so i triped for my first time at a festival this weekend..on both acid and shrooms...i have a question about the shrooms. my friend told me to take an eigth so i did..but come to find out they where really potent and i ended up having an extremely intense trip, which she had too. our friends found us and told us that we should have started off small and if we didnt feel anything to just eat more. they said its tricky because mushrooms vary in how potent they are. how can you tell how strong they are? the ones we ate had long white stems with alot of blue druising on them...when you break open the stem the entire inside was dark blue. the caps where a light brown and the cap also would bruise blue. we had a feeling they were good mushrooms but not that good. now does the large amount of blue on the inside of a stem and brusing help identify a potent mushroom? peace and love

2. Ranchero

Ranchero Member

the blue bruising indicates the presence of psylocibin in the shrooms but is not an indicator of strenght.Your friends are right if your not used to shrooms or your in a public place start of with one or two and after 1/2 an hour to an hour take some more if they're not that strong.Be safe and enjoy your trip(s)

3. DeadheadHippieForPea

DeadheadHippieForPea Member

yeah i had to learn the hard way...i assumed my friend knew how much to take..but then again she said she usually needs an eigth or fourth to trip...i really wish i brought sum of those mushrooms back..they were so potent...i ended up selling the extra eigth i had to a friend while i was tripping really hard...(at that point i was freakin and thought i would never want to do them again) they split the eigth and said they tripped there balls off....ahhh good times:)

4. PurpleGel

PurpleGel Senior Member

sounds like regular cubensis to me. an eighth is a good time--i don't like to take any less.