Subs "showme" Soil Advanced Tutorial

Discussion in 'The Green Avengers Cannabis Cafe' started by subcool, May 1, 2008.

1. subcool

subcool MJ Grow Guru

This is yet one more Soil Mixing tutorial. This one is going to focus on making a batch in the city while keeping it neat and tidy. First we use a tarp and a sheet of plywood under so the shovel will slide easily as we mix and scoop.

Here is the recipe to make this concentrate!
    You cannot grow plants directly in this super concentrate!

8 Bags Roots soil or equivalent high quality soupped up grow soil
    25 pounds Pure Worm Castings
    ½ cup Azomite trace minerals
    2/3 Cup Sweet Lime IE Dolomite
    1 Kilo Bone meal / IE 5 Pounds
    1 Kilo Blood meal ( I use a bit more bone than Blood in this recipe)
    1 Kilo Bat Guano bloom formula preferably Fruit bats
    3/4 cup Epson Salts
    The Perlite and Coco I happen to have and it will make a better mix but it is not necessary.

First we take the tarp and the Lucky rug and lift the edges to form a 2 sided pan.

So now we put on the muck boots these help me kick the soil around and get it mixed up well.
    So lets make a nice pile of Roots soil.

We layer the ingredients so they can be mixed well.

Contuing to build my montain behind the fence I built just for stuff like this [​IMG]

2. subcool

subcool MJ Grow Guru

Now we put our backs into it and mix like crazy

I alternate cans untill the pile is gone.

So we add water and let it cook in the sunshine. 30 days is best for this concentrate and it can be used to condition soil as detailed in the soil 101 thread. Do Not Put Clones or Seeds in this mix!

I will use this for a full year just adding like 30-50% in the lower potion of the container and plain roots in top portion. As the concentrate gets older I can use more. To re use I just recondition.
    This is the same basic recipe I have used for 15 years the hardest ingredient to acquire is the worm castings most people don't even know what it is.

There are several methods of mixing this up well. You can sweep off a patio or garage and work there on a tarp. You can use a kids plastic wading pool these cost about 10$ and work really well for a few seasons. Some growers have been known to rent a cement mixer and cut down on the physical labor. As long as you get the ingredients mixed up properly that is all that matters.

3. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

Excellent and thank you for sharing! A good soil mix is priceless. For you guys that need soil receipies take note! Print and file ^

*bump*

4. Naturalhi

Naturalhi Great hairy ape

Now we know where to send folks with soil Q's:>)

5. maryjohn

maryjohn Senior Member

the thing about worm castings is they vary so much in quality depending on what the worms are eating. Best place to get them is to make your own. Get yourself some red wigglers and a worm bin, and compost your kitchen scraps.

A search on vermicomposting can get you started. You will be helping the environment too.

i gotta ask, why so many different nitrogen sources, and why so many different phosphate sources? As long as you are letting it mature, you could use urine instead of blood meal, no?

6. evertking

evertking Guest

Why can i not see the pics?

7. hahaha04

hahaha04 Whatevers Clever

^ this thread is rather old.. the user who had the pictures linked to the site, may have taken them down, or no longer uses the same computer or something....

i wanna start thiss subforum back up somehow!