stupid things people say

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by yarrow_sun, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Gravity

Gravity #winning

Anyone that refers to an inanimate object as "this badboy" can fucking burn in hell.

"Well, let's open this badboy up!" :leaving:

2. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

^Haha, seriously!

3. Dudley Do Right

Dudley Do Right In Your Head

The difference between a northern girl and southern girl is, a northern girl says, "you can" and a southern girl says, "Ya all can."… :drool:

4. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Oh my....

5. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

I don't think it was stupid.

6. antithesis

antithesis Hello

I definitely agree with Gravity.

My boyfriend says stuff like that sometimes and it makes me want to break up with him.

7. yarrow_sun

yarrow_sun Member

Maybe it's just a lifetime of hearing every freaking little thing that happens being attributed to God, like Sept 11- "God's judgement on NYC for being so sinful." :rolleyes:
    I'm sure there are people in my area, my building even, who think that the murders at Va Tech are somehow related to "God's Will". :furious3:

And, you know, I believe in God, but some things are taken tooooooo far. I honestly know a woman who said that she was obese because God wanted her to be. Is that stupid enough for ya?

8. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

Yup. That'll do it for me. :)

I don't mind it when people talk about God. It doesn't bother me. I have had many good conversations talking about God & The Universe. Some while intoxicated and some while sober.

I do have a comment about the VA situation and God. I find it disturbing there are many who want to keep God out of schools but then something so horrid like this happens and people react by saying how could God let this happen?

9. Posthumous

Posthumous Resident Smartass

That shit ticks me off. Like when a fire or tornado strikes a neighborhood destroying some houses leaving others intact. The newscrew interviews some yahoo whose home was spared and inevitably says, "I guess the good lord was looking out for me." Meanwhile her neighbors are in the background sobbing over their loss. Makes me want to go burn down her house too, let the self-righteous bitch know what god really thinks.

10. Allonym

Allonym cheesecake slut

please, wanting to keep religion out of schools doesnt mean a person doesn twant god to prevent tragedies from happening.

11. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

I fail to see the connection.

12. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

StOOpid is what StOOpid dOes

13. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

I'm not talking about "religion". The word "God" can't even be mentioned in schools or people become offended.

14. Allonym

Allonym cheesecake slut

god is a factor of religion, they are completely intertwined, cant separate one from the other. and just because someone doesnt want religion or the word god mentioned in an educational setting, doesnt mean they dont want whatever higher power they believe in to try and help avoid such tragedies, as was my original point which i know youre clever enough to have understood despite your choice to go nitpicking over words

15. Dudley Do Right

Quote: Groucho Marx
    "A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five."

16. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

What?

I'm not about to debate with you our seperate opinions of the word God and when I feel the right for Him to be mentioned. I was clearly stating my opinion.

God has different meanings to different people. I understand that.

17. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

Hey Stranger!

:D

Are you staying out of trouble?

18. UrsusKind

UrsusKind U like Chris Farley?

Well as a fellow NC'er it was really windy that day... Not too windy today, guess Gods doing gravity bongs in the pacific, That chubby chinese chick has lungs like steel!!!!

19. Dudley Do Right

As stated previously....

20. Dudley Do Right

Can you count?...How many wars were waged in the name of God or even god for that matter?..."A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five."....DDR