stupid things people say

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by yarrow_sun, Apr 16, 2007.

1. yarrow_sun

yarrow_sun Member

When I was in a store's restroom today, a woman who is washing her hands by me says "God's really showing us how much power he has!" I'm like, "HUH?"
    To which she responds, "the wind. he's really showing us how powerful he is."
    Of course, she pronounced wind with 2 syllables, we-und.
    No wonder the rest of the US thinks the south is full of idiots!

2. ItzJessI3itch

ItzJessI3itch Banned

Yea.. it happens...

She must not believe in science.

3. 121

121 Senior Member

Just wow. How does someone respond to shit like that? She probably made perfect sense in her mind's eye, lol

4. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Replace "God" with "Nature" in that statement, and it sounds like a stereotypical hippie phrase.

5. ItzJessI3itch

ItzJessI3itch Banned

That's true.... there have been much more ingnort things said... I'm sure of it... and that really doen't compare... that at least comes from some type of believe... and isn't just plain stupidity.

6. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

That's my point... it's beautiful to see people acknowledging something like the beauty of the wind through anything... it being God, nature, imaginary antelopes in their head, anything! At least they are acknowledging it.

What she said was not stupid, it was closer to beautiful.

7. 121

121 Senior Member

That was fucking gay :D

8. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Yeah, maybe a bit :p

But... I used to be a militaristic athiest when I was in high school, and honestly... as cliche as it sounds...throughout the years I learned tolerance is a very easy thing to practice, which truly doesn't hurt.

Honestly... the original poster wouldn't have had the same negative reaction if the lady in the bathroom used the word "nature" instead of "God"... yet, they are fairly interrelated, or even the same thing for some people. There is no true "right" and "wrong" in such trivial matters as religion... people need to understand that.

9. 121

121 Senior Member

I agree mate. It she stated 'nature' then it would be slightly easier to digest... but in a store restroom? :D Yarrow Sun might not be into that God shit... which would make that a huge WTF moment... yeah

10. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

I always say the most random of crap to strangers, it's one of the fun parts of life.

Yesterday I was buying groceries and I started to talk to the girl at the register about how the store should put smiley faces on meat in order to persuade vegetarians to buy it.
    She agreed.

11. 121

121 Senior Member

lol

12. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

i once had a customer in durango ask me if i lived there. i told her no, they bus us in from denver to serve them.

13. antithesis

antithesis Hello

I don't think what she said is all that stupid either... I don't know why people get worked up over harmless religious statements that don't hurt anyone.

For something really stupid that someone said: When I worked at a national park giving cave tours, we were an hour into the tour and I had just explained how we were in the deepest part of the cave and some girl asked me if we were underground yet. Now that is stupid.

14. whichaxe

whichaxe Member

That's wonderful... although, I have to say, I think something might be lost in the delivery due to your accent.... you dirty immigrant you...

15. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Probably, I learned to talk really slow at first though... but then I speed up without noticing it.

It's amazing how my co-workers understand my Spanish... I tend to talk really fast when I start arguing about the Magic with my boss.

16. Posthumous

Posthumous Resident Smartass

I'm gonna print up stickers of a cow getting its skull smashed in with a sledgehammer and make a visit to the area supermarkets.

17. NightRose

NightRose idiosynractic rose

i dont know why it came to minds but where do you work?

18. indian~summer

indian~summer yo ho & a bottle of yum

people say alot stupider things...like "i voted for bush"

ps. pavel i love you :D

19. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Jess.... we need a road. :)

That sounds like a great idea.

( I work in a greenhouse ).

20. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

I don't think it's that stupid.....