Stuck Tampon!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by gypsychildblues8, May 24, 2006.

1. gypsychildblues8

gypsychildblues8 Member

Hi..I have this major problem.
    I was using a tampon,and I noticed that I saw the string go down the toilet..
    I didnt know if the tampon went with it,all I know is I fell asleep after that,when I woke up I found a lot of blood on my panties..I thought the tampon must not have been working right.
    I tried to stick my fingers up there,to see if I could feel it..Nothing happened.
    I couldn't feel nothing. I used my middle finger,and got in different positions,
    stuck the finger as deep as I could,still didn't feel nothing..only thing happened is I hit this kind of hard thing,but that was not the tampon,
    it was just a part of my female organ.. But I am very worried,what if it's
    there but I just can't reach it?? I don't know what to do,I don't want to get
    toxic shock syndrome..I'm afraid of that..

I keep trying though,to use my fingers and to see if I feel it.
    I also used another tampon,put one in to see if it bumped anything.Nope bumped nothing.. It was one of those small tampons y'know? Like not super heavy,just 'normal' kind.. I'm worried though still..
    But maybe it went down the toilet and I didnt see.Like maybe I only saw the string but the tampon was at the bottom..

Someone help me..I'm so worried..

2. mamaboogie

mamaboogie anarchist

what you felt was most likely your cervix. Try doing kegels, if nothing but blood comes out, the tampon went down the toilet, as I suspect it probably did. The vagina isn't such a big place that a tampon could get lost in there... :)

3. Kastenfrosch

Kastenfrosch Blaubeerkuchen!! Lifetime Supporter

yeah, if using your middlefinger, you should be able to reach your cervix, which is "the end" of your vagina, and no tampon goes beyond that. It happened a few times with me, that a tampon sort of "fell out" on the toilet, because it was so full. And tamponstrings don't detach themselves, usually they're even hard to rip. So chances are big, that itjust fell out.

as mamaboogie said, a vagina is not that big that things get lost in there ;-)

4. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

There have been cases of tampons not getting "lost" (which is physically impossible, as the vagina is a closed space and a tampon cannot get into the cervix) but getting smashed into the wall behind the cervix. You would have probably some cramping, and after a few days, a really awful smell. Toxic Shock is still a very rare illnesss, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

If you think the tampon is still there, please see a doctor or go to a clinic, with a speculum, the entire vaginal space can be seen, and if there is anything there, a ring forceps can be used to remove it.

I got a Today Sponge stuck once. I KNEW It was there, but I couldn't get it out. I guess suction formed or something. I went to an emergency office clinic and the doctor took it out. It wasn't a big deal.

5. TheRealPamela

TheRealPamela Member

Good luck! You probbaly got it out in the toilet. As stated above, you touched your cervix. I am sure emergency rooms get this sort of thing all the time. There are MUCH more embarrassing things you could have stuck in your body.

6. mrsmorrison27

mrsmorrison27 yoda piss

trust me, the tampon cant get lost inside of u, or inside of your vagina, its too small lol. it most likely went down with the string

7. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

Your cervix feels like the tip of your nose, with a small hole in it. If what you felt was different, or you have any cramping or smell, or discharge, please see a doctor. A forgotten tampon is nothing to mess with.

8. danialissa

danialissa Guest

I just had mine stuck in there, it didn't go that far up, but i did find the string and get it out. I was wondering earlier this morning if i slept walked and took it out, but i checked for better safety and saw that it was stuck up there, i don't think it can get any further than what mine just did, so don't panic or anything because it's really nothing to panic about. :)
    good luck.:)

9. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

push. worked for me. i hate tampons.

10. Wild Mountain Dave

Wild Mountain Dave Rainbow

go see the doctor.

11. mamaKCita

it's not good to let it linger too long, though.

12. sarahrei

sarahrei ~Lover~

This thread is from 2006 lol

13. mamaKCita

yeah. that's a WAY long time to leave a tampon in. that's just unhygenic.

14. sarahrei

sarahrei ~Lover~

No kidding, I think she would have TSS by now for sure.

15. nakedtreehugger

nakedtreehugger craaaaaazy

16. brack1936

brack1936 Member Lifetime Supporter

hahahhahahha.

That's the first thing that's put a smile on my face today.

And it's the end of the day.

note: I understand that this a serious issue.

17. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

BUY A DIVA CUP. . .I hate tampons.