strawberry milk alternative?

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by Willy_Wonka_27, May 6, 2007.

1. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

all i ever see is plain, vanilla, or chocolate. that goes for soy, rice, almond, grain, oat, hazelnut, and hemp milk.

i want strawberry! whats going on?

2. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

i swear, we have the same tastebuds!

i know i didn't dream it.. but i only seen it ONCE.. strawberry silk soymilk in little kid size lunch juice box thingies..

what about that syrup stuff.. is that vegan?

3. homeschoolmama

homeschoolmama Senior Member

I did see strawberry silk at my local health food store recently... but it was over a buck per drink-box size container!

Seriously, what about running a handful of strawberries through the blender & adding it to some soymilk? That's got to be cheaper!
    love,
    mom

4. Bumble

Bumble Senior Member

I think I saw strawberry soy milk at Whole Foods, but I could be wrong. I will be going to either Whole Foods or Trader Joes this weekend, so I will keep an eye out since I believe u live in or around Philly.

5. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

6. Bumble

Bumble Senior Member

i just went to Trader Joes and I didn't see strawberry soy, almond or rice milk. I just got chocalate almond milk. yummy!

7. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

which trader joe's do you go to. i go to the one in valley forge.

8. Bumble

Bumble Senior Member

at 22nd and market street in center city. i live in the city.

9. lunarflowermaiden

lunarflowermaiden Senior Member

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe strawberry syrup is vegan. You could always buy that and stir it into soy milk.

10. Jesus Saves

Jesus Saves Junior Member

Let me tell you something, the real forbidden fruit in the Garden of Eden was the strawberry, and you shall all burn in hell for even touching them.

11. lunarflowermaiden

lunarflowermaiden Senior Member

Oh dear, well, it looks as though I bought my one-way ticket to hell. I ate a delicious piece of strawberry shortcake at a cookout the other day :D.