Strangest fear

Discussion in 'People' started by Tree-Hugger, May 8, 2004.

1. Tree-Hugger

Tree-Hugger The Chainsaw

Like I said before I fear worms. I just thought that I would bring my old thread back to life. I really enjoyed reading everyone's comments, it helped me to see that we all have irrational fears.

2. Professor Jumbo

Professor Jumbo Mr. Smarty Pants

My mom is terrfied of worms.

3. chandra anjali

chandra anjali Member

i am afraid of stinging insects

4. Mui

Mui Senior Member

few days ago my science teacher got 2 kids to eat a mealworm in front of the class... that was interesting... they made a squishy crunchy sound too... .i dont like worms either.

5. spinelli

spinelli Member

MothsBIG HAIRY MOTHS

6. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

*shudders* COTTON BALLS!

I just can't touch them... I can't touch towels either unless I put alot of lotion on my hands. I get goosesbumps and I start freaking out and once or twice I've thrown up. I can't stand the sound it makes when its dry. *still shuddering*

7. MexicanFlowerChild

MexicanFlowerChild Member

I hate biology...they made us dissect worms...ugh...and now were gunna dissect rats and after dat a cat...what the hell happen to animal rights...they do need some rights after all we are all part of the animal kingdom...

8. retrofishie

retrofishie Senior Member

SNAKES!!!!! THUNDER!!!!! LEAVING MY HOUSE!!!!!

9. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

I'm scared of my huuuge wardrobe. Seriously. It's too big and too dark and there could be anything lurking in the shadows...

10. Cre

Cre Senior Member

Ice. I cannot touch ice. ((shudder)) I do not 'fear' it, but really cannot touch it.

As far as fears go, I fear people. Especially since having my kids. I have fears of them being kidnapped or something. It drives me nuts. :(

11. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

I think I have a problem with the bathroom.... I won't use it unless I look behind the shower curtain first, and I can't look in the bathroom mirror when the lights are out because of that Bloody Mary story that I read in like third grade. I still always think, in the back of my mind, that if the bathroom lights are out and I look in the mirror, she will jump out and scratch my eyes out. And I'm 19. But I never even go into the bathroom without checking behind the shower curtain. You never know.....

12. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

My strangest fear is being hit by a car. I do a lot of running, and I've been close to being hit by a car.

13. Megara

Megara Banned

i'm really squirmish about my knees...i guess i saw in a movie where some guys knee go pushed the other way and i think that is going to happen to me sometimes

14. miabubble

miabubble Member

I am really really scared of wasps and bees. to such na extent that i dislocated my knee running away from one... Ironic really since, looking back, there would have been less pain involved in getting stung!

15. bellystar

bellystar Member

I've eaten worms before. They were freeze-dried, seasoned. Actually had nutritional values printed on the bag. I bought them at a candy store as a joke for my man, but his friend and I ended up eating them. They weren't too bad. Sort of like popcorn!

16. teepi

teepi living my dream

When i was a young girl we moved into a new house and there was a Scrabble game on top of one of the kitchen cabinets.

I climbed up on the counter to get it and the box had a nest of roaches......
    To this day if I am at someones house and I see one I have to leave,immediatly.
    Whenever I see one I get the Heebie Jeebies,can't watch them on that Fear Factor show, it I was on there and the stunt involved them...they can just keep the money.

And Flies, if there is one in the house, I can't DO ANYTHING ELSE until I kill it.

17. antithesis

antithesis Hello

I would say my most unusual fear is my insane fear of Ski Lifts. It's not even a thing about heights. I am just afraid of Ski Lifts.

18. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

When i smoke, even a small bowl, im completely neurotic, i hate it.I can't walk or ride a bike in a strait line(i have to make turns, it freaks me out if i don't), i can't touch something foreign(something ive never seen before, especially animals) for too long, like 20 sec++. I have to have my closet door open when im awake, and closed when i sleep. I can't take showers when i'm high(i have to close my eyes to wash my hair), it's a bitch.I've been hit once, by a car, and almost hit twice. I almost got hit like a week ago, the lady stopped like a foot away from me, but i don't worry about it too much

19. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

I can't stand touching raw chicken, or having it touch anything in my house. I get out the Clorox Clean up and sanitize EVERYTHING. But when we do have chicken, I can't let Bear cook it, cuz he just, like, rinses his hand under the faucet after he touches the chicken and then starts touching things in my kitchen spreading chicken germs all over everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually use surgical gloves and those disposable cutting boards, if it is bad enough. Usually I season it while it is still in the package and then THROW it into the pan. BLEH!!!!!!!!

20. Dilapidated

Dilapidated Member

I'm afraid of other people's bathrooms. I always look behind their shower curtains.

I'm afraid of dogs. When I was little my best friend got a chunk bitten out of her face by my aunt's dog. They're just so unpredictable, and not to mention smelly, gross, and they jump on you and lick you with those long purple tongues and they WATCH you and... EURRRGHGHHHH. I just can't stand them.

I'm also rather paranoid about being in a light room when it's dark outside, because ANYONE could be watching me and peering into my windows and I just hate it.