Strains for Creativity

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by SinisterBotanist, Jul 2, 2013.

1. SinisterBotanist

SinisterBotanist Member

Hey guys, I usually post over in the psychedelic forums but I've been getting more involved with marijuana recently. :p

Is there a strain that makes you feel creative, consistently? I imagine the ideal high as something I can still do everyday things on, but still having creative enhancing qualities. I'd like to be able to feel like I still have energy. Perhaps I'm looking at a hybrid strain. I want to be able to read as well! It's not unheard of. ;)

2. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Sativas will be good for creativity. Most strains are a hybrid anyway, but there are many that are more Sativa then Indica.

3. vivalalife

vivalalife Member

Check out the website leafly, it's a huge strain resource site that gives a lot of info on nearly every strain out there. You can actually select what characteristics and effects you are looking for in a bud. For example, I selected creative, energetic, and focused and the recommended strains are Afghan Skunk and Alohaberry.

4. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

I'm not an expert on this at all, but as far as I know, different strains are going to effect people in different ways. So you just have to experiment...
    Personally, I feel all strains I've smoked have helped my creativity come out. I love writing while stoned and feel I'm able to better express myself.

5. ariekanibalie

ariekanibalie Member

Sativa is the way to go, my friend, as contrary to your typical Indica, it actually increases your ability to concentrate. At least in the initial phase. I think everyone in this day and age is a little bit ADHD, but if I smoke just the right amount of Sativa right prior to getting down to business, I can work on something for up to two hours completely focussed and immersed in what I'm doing. The key is smoking just a little bit, not so much as to get insta-fucked up, like you might when smoking socially. As to which Sativa, this will be subject to personal prefference, but I think you're better off with one which high is warmer, more cheerful than some strains which have a more melancholy edge. Amnesia haze is my go-to dop, but Mexican, Silver or Lemon haze all offer nice and clear, 'active' highs conducive to creative work.

Obviously, if you don't have good ideas, aesthetic sense, musical prowess to begin with, dope isn't going to bring out the inner genius. But that said, I'm a firm believer in the theory that creativity really boils down to concentration, and an ability to intelligently monitor what you're doing. Weed, in my experience, can definitely help you get a better 'feel' for what you're doing, whether this be music, painting, writing, or friggin' web design. But I've also seen plenty a stoner who would go full retard and lose all control on the green, so it's no miracle cure for anything, obviously.

6. stillblackpond

stillblackpond Guest

hey, this topic is very close to me. i found the best strain for writing, music ect is blue dream. plain and simple and everywhere. it's 80 % sativa so you stay up and stimulated and 20 % indica so it cuts the edge off and lets you sit and work. plus, it's not completely kick your ass though it is potent.

everyone is different tho, good luck.

7. Beca012

Beca012 Member

Hear hear. Amnesia Haze is mint on the creativity part. I had the most amazing writers flow when I ate a baked good with AH in it.
    Definitely recommending it:sifone:

8. Scythe

Scythe Member

Definitely go for a sativa strain or at least a sativa Dom hybrid.

9. Spiral Sea

Spiral Sea Member

any Haze is good,also love Durban Poison or Thai if I got stuff to do.

10. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

As far as I know almost every weed on the market is nowadays a hybrid of sativa and indica. So instead for looking for a good sativa strain it's easier to find a good strain that just happen to lean on the sativa side.

11. Spiral Sea

Spiral Sea Member

most are Indica dominant as they have a shorter flowering period. It´s hard to keep up with all the new varieties ,luckily for us we can get decent information about potency and expected effect at most coffeeshops.