Strain Advice/suggestions appreciated

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by SyZyGy, May 21, 2004.

1. SyZyGy

SyZyGy Member

Good afternoon all, hope everyone having a good weekend.

I was hoping for some suggestions on what strain of herb to grow for my first outdoor grow. I live in southern california (coastal area though, so weather not too harsh). I plan on having the plants in the canyon back my house (not frequented by people, near zero percent chance of being stumbled upon by strangers). I'll use pots/buckets as oppose to planting directly in the ground, seeing as the soil will be crap as it is a canyon. I have no preferance to Indica or Sativa because I cannot personally say I've ever smoked anything i was positive was one or the other. I don't want to try to guess which high/plant i would perfer until i can honestly say i know the difference between sativa/indica. I'll most likley order from http://www.seedsdirect.to because ive got lots of positive feedback about them, and they seem to have good prices. Price is an issue, im looking not to spend above 40 dollars fo the seed pack. I'm not expecting to find the perfect strain: An easy-growing, magically fast blooming, mind bogglingly potent strain that fits every need, but im hoping for compromise somewhere in between. The Nirvana seeds, as well as the High Quality standard both look to have good variety at reasonable prices. This is my first grow so my sights arent set too high. I'd like something fairly easy to grow, with at least adequit potentcy (I'm sure thta regardless of how strong it is relateive to what is possible to grow with a great set-up and 200 dollar seeds, it will be better than the mianstream chronic i pay too much for, or the schwag i smoke if chronic is just unaffordable). A hardly plant that wont die too easily is preferable as well, seeing as im a basically a newbie. I'll be taking a vacation to amsterdam in late september, but i can most likely find someone to tend my plants if they arent ready for the pickings yet.

Sorry about the lost post guys, and i really appreciate any suggestions. I dont think it will be too late to order and hopefully soon start growing, cuz the weather here is real nice. Inquire if helpful.

-Thanks much-

2. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

Northern Lights, easy to grow, good yield, and good taste.

3. SyZyGy

SyZyGy Member

I've heard good stuff about Northern Lights. I thought it was indoor tho...

4. thechronic89

thechronic89 Member

nothern lights is an indoor strain ....go to overgrow.com and research some good outdoor strains.

5. SyZyGy

SyZyGy Member

it seems to say some places its ok for outdoor, would it work? The northern lights from female seeds looks good

6. meangreen

meangreen Senior Member

Any indoor strain will grow vigorously under the sun!Some are more prone to insect attacks outdoors.Most indoor strains are are indica dominate for size control to suite the indoor enviroment.