Storage of mushrooms

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by unfocusedanakin, May 9, 2013.

1. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

What is the longest you have kept mushrooms or a similar chemical like dmt/4-aco and still been able to trip? In your opinion what is better the fridge or room temp, assuming with both light exposure is minimal.

I ask because my friend just found an old bag in a ex-room mates drawer, but he is paranoid that the mushrooms could have degraded into something toxic. They are dry and could fool me for looking pretty fresh, no mold or anything. This ex roomie stiffed him for a good bit of rent and has not been seen in months, so I don't think he will feel bad eating them if good.

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I never stored shrooms for a long time but I reckon in the fridge is always better. The ones you roomie found seem just dry from what you describe. I'd put them in a blender with something tasty and just eat them :2thumbsup:

3. Grainpsilo

Grainpsilo Member

The longest I've stored shrooms is 5 years.

I grind them up....pack them into capsules and store in vacuum Mylar bags in the freezer. You want to limit exposure to moisture, heat, light and oxygen to maintain potency.

Be careful keeping them in the fridge..... Fridges auto defrost themselves and will cause condensation in a sealed container. Keep in container they are in completed sealed and with dessicant.

Just sitting in a drawer they could be good for a year or so...... The worse that would happen is they would be weak..... No reason to worry about them being toxic if they are indeed shrooms.

4. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Yep they were still good. Ended up splitting a half oz among a few people. They were Philosopher's stones and did not seem as intense as other strains but still had an effect. Looking online it seems it is normal to need a higher dose with stones.

5. Mike Suicide

Mike Suicide Sweet and Tender Hooligan

try vacuum sealing

6. wetsocks

wetsocks there's no one driving

i used to grow quite a bit, and i recently found a 5g bag in a drawer. they were of medium potency if i remember correct. i reckon they are at least 15 months old. ziplock bag but it was well sealed. found them a few weeks ago and chucked the bag in the fridge for what it was worth. how much do you think they might have degraded?

7. Grainpsilo

Grainpsilo Member

Only one way to find out

8. About a year. But a friend brought some weird tartuffi shrooms from Amsterdam, and although, they should still be good (like a 2 weeks later), they tasted/smelled horrible. I guess it depends on the kind. *shrugs* Avoiding the fridge, though.

9. Grainpsilo

Grainpsilo Member

That is funny because we call fake shrooms ( store bought mushrooms laced with LSD or another research chemical) "tartuffes"

Means fake or impostor in French. :devil: