Stop Mushrooms Being Outlawed

Discussion in 'UK Parties and Protests' started by khronus, Jan 6, 2005.

1. khronus

khronus Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

2. Claire

Claire Senior Member

3. mellow_hendrix

mellow_hendrix Member

i signed the petition :) i dont personally consume mushrooms but as claire said internal freedom is always a worthy cause :)

4. Merlin

Merlin Member

Yeah that's a really good motto actually, especially if that internal freedom can in no way affect the well-being of those around you (unless of course you are on a very, very impossibly bad trip and you start chasing people with a sledge hammer!! Of course, when does this happen?)

5. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

It sounds like you need to mind your own business. It is none of your business what people put into their bodies, and people who take mushrooms (or any drug) recreationally would not appreciate it if they couldn't take them anymore, or with risk of jailtime, because some people thought it was wrong.

Live and let live.

6. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

It sounded as if you want to get all in people's business, when you have no business to do so.

Are you a doctor or a psychologist of some kind?

7. jonny2mad

jonny2mad Senior Member

I’ve seen people have bad trips ,had paranoia on one but all that happened is that I just sat down and waited for the effects to leave .

Whether mushrooms are legal or not wont stop people taking them, all that will happen is that people will be arrested for possession and get criminal records and jail time.

What you have to look at in this is the amount of murders violence car crime that comes with the use of alcohol.

Yes I could imagine some people who are mentally ill coming to some harm during a mushroom trip, but loads of depressed people or mentally ill people now take mushrooms and you don’t see the negative effects you see with drink

120,000 people die every year because of legal drugs in this country, the number dieing from LSD and magic mushrooms is 1 person every 2 years

And you have to add to the 120,000 the people killed by drunks or assaulted by drunks

In the evening in this country something like 70 % of violent crime is linked to drinking.

So there is a basic unfairness in this new law ……if they wish to ban the sale of mushrooms they should ban alcohol and tobacco, if they don’t do that they shouldn’t ban mushrooms

I fully support the campaign to keep fresh mushrooms legal , and will go to any demonstrations write letters ect

8. Claire

Claire Senior Member

Yeh good point Jonny...

Also I think if you are using mushrooms as a way to access your spirituality it is kinda a short cut.

I have no problem with people taking mushrooms recreationally, it's none of my business what another adult chooses to do with his or her body. I wouldn't be so arrogant as to think it was.

I agree more info on the possible side effects of mushies lcd etc should be made available as I myself have witnessed some casualties to phsychedelics.... I have also had many friends die / etc from other things... car accidents, alcohol, cancer... so I wouldn;t be so foolish as to demonise one thing.

9. weaselpop

weaselpop Member

Nooo! and i haven't tried them yet... :mad: :eek: it'll be harder to get the stuff if that happens. grr

10. Claire

Claire Senior Member

you'll still be able to buy the grow kits... just growing them will be illegal... but who's gonna know?:X

11. Merlin

Merlin Member

I have to say I'm quite skeptical about this law even though I'm not one to really support a drug or substance. I mean I wouldn't really encourage or discourage others from the mushrooms myself, and I can be perfectly happy without them but I do take them occasionally because of the state of mind I can achieve with them which I can't achieve without them (what can I say? I'm a mind explorer).

I think it's stupid that marijuana is class C and psylocibin class A. Marijuana can easily rival the effects of psylocibin with a high enough dosage. I can honestly say that even if fresh mushrooms are illegalised, I'll still probably pick them again in the future and consume them.

How moronic is outlawing a naturally occuring plant though? Will such a law immediately make hundreds of farmers critical then? Hmmmmm.