Stoopid Brits!

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by WanderingturnupII, Feb 2, 2009.

1. WanderingturnupII

WanderingturnupII Grouchy Old Fart

So, as I understand it, London is snowed in, and there's not a snowplow, or even a snowploUGH, in the city. What the F**K is up with them people? I can understand Atlanta or Jackson being crippled by an inch or two of snow, but my map says London is north (and ever so slightly to the east) (That there last parenthetical remark is making a mockery of "British Understatement") of North Dakota. HELLO! It snows in places like that! Too much warm beer, not enough burbon whiskey, yeah, that must be the problem....

2. Mr. Mojo Risin'

Mr. Mojo Risin' Senior Member

From what I've understood, it rarely goes into minus degrees in London so there really isn't much snow there usually. Storms like the one happening now are rare.

3. redyelruc

redyelruc The Yard Man

Snowploughs would get so little use in London, they would prove to be a waste of money.

But hey, I just love how America and Britain love to jump up and down celebrating the other nation's stupidity all the time.

Wonderful.

4. Mr. Mojo Risin'

5. WanderingturnupII

WanderingturnupII Grouchy Old Fart

Dude, I'm a-jumpin'! So high and so hard! And, yes, I do represent ALL OF AMERICA!

6. redyelruc

redyelruc The Yard Man

The fact that the town council of London neglected to buy snowploughs makes ALL BRITS STOOPID too.:rolleyes:

7. Quoth the Raven

Quoth the Raven RaveIan

This is the first serious snow we've had here for years and years.
    Because of the gulf stream, it doesn't usually get down to below-freezing temperatures for long periods in London, so.. no snow.

If the mayor had bought snowploughs everyone would've derided him for wasting taxpayer money :D

EDIT: snow's more or less gone today.

8. spirit of the night

spirit of the night Senior Member

haha yh, i am slightly annoyed at how we just shut down when it snows.

I want to see my boyfriend damnit!

9. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member

If it’s any comfort we tend to shutdown as well when it snows (and we’re used to it) with over 100 inches last winter, and 60 inches so far this year (and if you believe punxsutawney phil)
    6 more weeks of winter :eek:

Hotwater

10. bekyboo52

bekyboo52 52~unknown~52

haha you all suck... canadians dont shut down in the winter :D

11. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

I do think it's utterly ridicilous how the whole country goes into chaos, traffic goes mental, public transportation stops running, people can't get into work and millions of pounds are lost because of a few snowflakes. Just like it's ridicilous how every winter thousands of people die here because they can't afford to heat up their houses. British incompetence amazes me sometimes.. :rolleyes: And it's not even just snow that causes problems. It's the same when it's too windy or too rainy or too hot..

I lived in Finland for 20 years, never once did our schools close down because of snow.

Today, my uni is closed for the second day running because apparently no one can get in and they can't operate the buildings safely. :rolleyes:

Somehow I wanna blame the labour government for this too.. :D

12. Mr. Mojo Risin'

You Finns have snowbirths instead of waterbirths, that's not a fair comparison. :D

13. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

Kind People Of Albion, Hear My Words!

Don't listen to the cutting words of our uneducated, toothless, hill people. They are just jealous because they have to drive to work today while even your transport is shut and you may lounge until 10am.

Peace.

14. Jaitaiyai

Jaitaiyai Cianpo di tutti capi

We got the whole day off. Even our dad did. :D

This is the third time it's snowed this school year. Freaky...

15. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

Kind People Of Albion, Hear My Words!

Do not listen to the cutting words of our uneducated, toothless, hill people. They are just jealous because they have to drive to work today while even your transport is shut and you may lounge all day and make snow sculptures!

Peace.

16. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

even atlanta has SOME snow removal capabilities.. at least enough plows to keep the major arteries open for their one decent snow every 3 years..

17. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Yeah, didn't this absence of snowplows gave the exact same problem a few months ago on an airport in the southern states.. Las Vegas or something? :p

18. Traceroni.

Traceroni. Senior Member

My buddy moved to BC a while ago and it basically shut down because no one owned a shovel... except him, surprisingly lol

19. spirit of the night

spirit of the night Senior Member

woah, thats alot of snow :p yh this winter has dragged on abit i think :p

roll on spring!

and i did get to see my boyfriend :)

xxx

20. The whole UK is the size of Oklahoma. Gulf Stream keeps it pretty mild, so having snowplows for a rare storm is foolish.. they need to enjoy it when It happens every 20 years or so