stonehenge

Discussion in 'Flashbacks' started by karma71, Sep 8, 2006.

1. karma71

karma71 Member

my mum and dad taking me and my sister to stonehenge, and we would dance round it like mad children, huggin the stones and sitting round them till dawn ...that was back in the day when ya could just go up to the stones and feel the energy of it :) .. its all roped off now .. and your not aloud to go and just feel the love from them :eek:/ .... (but like abit of rope will stop me) lol

peace xx

2. dollydagger

dollydagger Needle to the Groove

I heard that they wont let people up there for several reasons( vandalism, etc). But the best reason I heard is that they have found some engravings in the land surrounding the henge....how neat, eh? I hope its true. Going to Stonehenge at the summer solstice is on a list of things to do before I die

3. karma71

karma71 Member

i love stonehenge ... its not very far from where i live .... i so wanted to go to the summer solstice but i missed it coz i was away at the time ..... :$

4. Salem Blair

Salem Blair Member

stonehenge is very magickal.. i love it.. also plan to go there at some point during summer solstice

5. J0hn

J0hn Phantom

Stone henge is not as interesting as it used to be as they now have fences around the stones. I think the reason is because of preservation but also safety reasons.

6. One Man Band

One Man Band Member

I caught the summer solstice there in 1971. The media had the place until sunrise, then the public could enter. 10 minutes after sunrise, but it was still great. A little later the Druids had the site for their services.
    There was vandalism, people will write their name on anything. The new fences are ugly but protect the site.