Stoned Festivus For The Rest of Us

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by rollingalong, Oct 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I got time for folks that work. :p

rollingalong likes this.
  2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'm a sick manager, boss and supervisor. But shits gotta get done.

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

My line of work is the hostel so I see that as peoples food, entertainment and sleeping so to me that means a lot for a holiday so you gotta work for me. :)

Morning crews aren't as fun it's all prep. But afternoon and night shift is all party party.

rollingalong likes this.
  4. Still, work fucking sucks.

rollingalong likes this.
  5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I think you'd have fun with me tbh. If you don't have fun at my work no point being there. It's like a rule. You need to have fun it's what feeds morale.

Most other employment will treat the folks like kindergarten with baby rules etc.

First thing at my daily toolbox meeting: who's got the jokes?

Cause we need a joke before we start. And that's just how my team is lol. Bunch of jokers having some fun. Quicker they do things and be prepared the quicker they can sit back with a beer with the patrons or a meal or play pool with em or go out into town with them.

One reason why I have international entities in my crew that I've kept for over 5yrs. They get paid well, their social life is their work life, it's fun and they make money and they genuinely enjoy it. :)

Driftrue and rollingalong like this.
  6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Gorgeous song. :)
    If somebody came to me and said, hey I put this on can we dance? We will dance. :)

parua likes this.
  7. parua

parua Members

I need to look this band up!

Just did.
    I'm not sure how I missed them in 89. I guess when I moved away to school, the parties that I went to played Bobby Brown, vanilla ice, ... Milli vanilli, lol! I left my metal buddies in my home town.

They have a good clean sound. Instruments AND vocals.

8. parua

parua Members

Nice lyrics too.

9. My boss is really cool, but the work still isn't fun. He's kind of apathetic to me as well. For instance, I made a list of things we need and he just ignored it. And still expects just perfection. I feel like our relationship really hangs by a thread, but if he ever decides to let go of me he'll regret it. I try really hard to make everything perfect, but it's a really difficult job. Screenprinting, that is.

I don't get paid all that well, either. I make less than the guy who pumps gas next door. And yet all the responsibility is on me, if a customer complains about the print or whatever. And my boss seems to feel like it's the easiest job in the world. Yet it's like, if I use too much glue, the glue sticks to the shirts. If I use too little glue, the shirts don't stick to the boards. If I put the shirts too high or too low, it's bad. I have to have the shirts perfectly centered. Then I have to try and get all these screens lined up so that everything is on register. The oven doesn't get the shirts hot enough. I have to make sure we have enough screens emulsioned for the day before, so I'm usually taking time out of my time to emulsion them. It's all so complicated, and frankly, I'm not sure I'm any good at this job. And yet I'd like to see anyone put up with as much as I put up with, or dedicate themselves so much.

I really just feel like the guy nobody cares about at this point. I like my boss a lot, but I hate my job. At the same time I feel like I get away with quite a bit, because I know these prints are shitty, but I just suck at my job. I don't know what else to say. I don't know what job would be good for me, either. Today was Labor Day, and no one contacted me, but I still spent all afternoon printing shirts, just because I thought it would be good to get ahead, so that my boss isn't stressed too much. The thing is, he has no stress. He is just in love with life, all the time, and...I don't know how to explain it. He's just a special person.

And I feel like I am failing him, and I hate that feeling. But I was meant to be a shaman or something...not this life.

Lynnbrown and Irminsul like this.
  10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yeah, it's the only album I have by them which I like I haven't tried to listen to anything else as I think they only released a few and this album was a new line-up so I assume I won't like their other music as much.

But there's some fantastic songs on this album, forever young too is awesome and.. Gimmie two on the road, one to come home to, having the time of my life. :D

It will be perfect to pump out at camping time next month. :)

11. parua

parua Members

Alice cooper sang backup vocals on at least one song of theirs. He was badass when I was young.

Camping!? floyd or zeppelin for my camping trips. Sometimes some 80s metal to turn the thoughts down e and ride rapid of riffs downstream.

Irminsul likes this.
  12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yep camping. I go for 2 weeks about. :)

rollingalong likes this.
  13. parua

parua Members

I'm jealous. I won't be going until end of September.

Are you going to hike a lot, climb, fish,...MDMA and good time? Sorry, a little personal.

In the mountains around Bavaria!

rollingalong likes this.
  14. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

One of the orders for the reservation was for an oil refill cartridge and I got sour Diesel for this person but I noticed on the back of the cartridge packaging it says don't be a doorknob keep away from children I thought that was funny.... So I picked up something called Crystal coma and the other ones called all Star Kush and they're both super stinky

Lynnbrown, eggsprog and Orison like this.
  15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

It's a random camping trip basically it runs for like 6-8 weeks and it's at a very special place for me called the Externsteine in forest Teutoberg. So throughout the weeks you get all sorts of people. We kind of get in around week 5, so all the bikies and muscle car groups come and go, then we pile in with the naturists. Of course there's a ton of trash camp groups still there and you'll see me talk a lot about them. :tearsofjoy: it's basically, well I say 2 weeks but last years it's been 10 days. And it's like.. Running on literally no sleep 8x8m camping lots, every 8m is a new concert venue. It's a ton a fun, but not your traditional camping at all lol. People will buy several lots and make circus tents and rave tents and dance club tents etc. Basically you walk around all day and night off your face partying with all sorts of different people.

One of the best things I do every year, it's like as soon as it ends you start planning the next year while you're still there.

Most HF folks are like... Rahh Rahh Rahh that's not real camping, back in my day Rah Rah Rah. I wouldn't change this camp trip at all. It's too unreal.

rollingalong likes this.
  16. parua

parua Members

That's different than the camping I normally do, but we have some major drinking camping people going nuts parties as well. Years ago.

The way I see it, any time in the woods (forest) is where it's at.

Irminsul likes this.
  17. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

not necessarily what you were watching for is a frost warning and you should not have one just yet.... But it's your plants you have to smoke it so you make the call my brother LOL haha let me know what you decided

did you know that my second career for 10 years before I was a stagehand and for ten years after I was a stagehand was running a screen printing shop? Dude I am an expert screen printer I even had 4 colour press and oven..everything right in my dining room for a couple of years living right here on the island but I sold it.... I've ran 10 colour automatic presses and everything below that I printed on giant 15 foot long frames for banners etc I think that's really cool that your printer no wonder I like you

18. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

Be careful applying Haze and removing haze from those screens that's the deadly part of that job

19. deleted

deleted Visitor

I’m a bit worried about my pet snail. It’s looking a bit sluggish...

20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Eldest sister having her 40th in Bali next year. That sounds like a fun trip. :D

rollingalong likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.