Stoned Ramblings

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by Noserider, May 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Haha glad i could help

Orison likes this.
  2. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

childhood friend a few years younger than me passed away ''suddenly''......dos suddenly mean suicide?....nother dude I didn't know but my brother did offed himself last week...he was 56....wtf is is with the suicides?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    Lynnbrown likes this.
  3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Your brother as in your sibling?? My condolences... :(

That sounds like the most awful news imaginable to me...

4. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

Na, his brother knew the guy.

Seems like a trend lately of men in their 50s and 60s taking their own lives.

5. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

My understanding is men are more likely to take their own lives after retirement. In the United States anyway, not sure about other countries.

6. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Understandable... This reality shyt sucks.

7. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Ay yes, now I read it like that as well.

8. Tyrsonswood

So.. apparently my phone doesn't accept incoming calls.

Could be a blessing in disguise, I guess...

9. deleted

deleted Visitor

Happy Birthday to Christine McVie (her real last name is Perfect) of Fleetwood Mac. Christine's been with Fleetwood Mac dating back to when very few people had ever even heard of the band. She was there for the very lean years. Once backstage, after Fleetwood Mac had then become rich and famous and World Class Cocaine Snorters (chased with bottles of Courvosier), Christine clocked a drunk coked-out Lindsey Buckingham with a closed fist for being a jag-off on stage! Christine also was once hot and heavy with INSANE Beach Boys drummer, the late Dennis Wilson. He spent a sh*tload of her $$$ on cocaine and other women! Christine McVie actually left Fleetwood Mac in 1998 for 16 years, due to an intense fear of flying.She returned in 2014 and has been with the band since. Some of Fleetwood Mac's biggest hits are songs that Christine wrote. She'll be in Pittsburgh at PPG Paints with Fleetwood Mac on Nov. 1st. (Lindsey WON'T be there). Getty

Lynnbrown and rollingalong like this.
  10. Tyrsonswood

From the "You just can't make this stuff up, folks" files....

I call the phone company and explain the problem of not being able to receive incoming phone calls. I get a service claim number and the trouble ticket will be sent to the service guys. When they get it they will... CALL ME BACK.

hahahahahahaha.... Morons!

11. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I was in the Palomino club in LA back in '88 0r '89 and happened to sit at a table with Bonnie Bramletts daughter. She told me that her mother, Bonnie, had knocked Elvis Costello off a bar stool ---clocked his ass--when he called Ray Charles a dumb ******.

Lynnbrown and rollingalong like this.
  12. deleted

deleted Visitor

grata van fleet next wed. can't wait.

rollingalong likes this.
  13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

England get to play for the participation trophy though. It'll be like they win the world cup if they win 3rd and then we'll get to hear the "what if" haha and the "we should have" haha.

14. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

This is why no one gives a shit about Costello's music. If as a musician you can't appreciate what Ray Charles did, AND resort to that kind of language, well... Have fun picking up your teeth.

Lynnbrown, Orison and scratcho like this.
  15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I don't think just because you are a musician you should have to have appreciation for someone else's music career. All the band folks I know, they think everyone else sucks. Haha. It is usually them who suck, but I think they know that. Well suck on comparisons.

16. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

How did Germany do ? remind me again I forgot about them

17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Current world champs mate. :)
    Current world champs and in the same place as you lot. :p gooooone.

18. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

I agree with all that. But Ray was particularly gifted. It'd be like saying Jimi Hendrix was a shit guitar player. In my opinion, anyway.

I'm not saying he's gotta enjoy the music but... But his accomplishments preclude him from being dumb. The rest of Costello's quote kinda speaks for itself i think.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2018
    Lynnbrown likes this.
  19. deleted

deleted Visitor

on this great eve of chee chee ha ha. .

Pete's Draggin' likes this.
  20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Tune your volume up and enjoy a fast lap around Chicagoland Speedway piloted by Irm in her #24 CUP Car. :)
    That pit lane exit route is sketchy and, you can see me get real loose when I drop below the apron to start the lap, had to get out of the throttle a bit, listen to that engine pop! also can hear lots of rubber hitting the underneath as I do my warm up lap on the high side. This was a test session for a 400 mile race on the weekend. This was actually a pretty smooth lap, I wasn't sawing at the wheel as much. This is from the gyro cam so you can see the banking in effect. Now just 267 of them with 25 other idiots :D

GLENGLEN likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.