Stomach cramp question...

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by Morphoxycode1, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Morphoxycode1

Morphoxycode1 Member

I don't know what's up with this lately, but every time I take an opiate in the smallest amount, I get bad gut cramps after about an hour or so, then they go away and come back the next day from the single dose! I've used hydrocodone, codeine, oxycodone and morphine over the past 8 years and haven't had this problem. It started a few weeks ago when I was prescribed some codeine for my back problem, but now even 1/2 a Vike sends me into spasms! Anyone else experience this? Is it burnout, intolerance, or what? I got rid of all the codeine and only taken 2 regular vikes over the last week. Gonna try small a small dose of oxy when I get some today and hope for the best. Any ideas? :confused:

2. sam&ella

sam&ella Member

Tagamet, 1 hour before opiate ingestion.

3. salmon4me

salmon4me Senior Member

I think its your body's way of telling you to quit opiates.

4. CoLdFuSioN167

CoLdFuSioN167 Member

Hmmm.....This has never happened to me nor have I heard of it happening to any of my friends. Weirdd.......

5. Morphoxycode1

Morphoxycode1 Member

It's definately bizzare since it's only happened with one other run with a codeine script, but the rest of the opies treated me fine. Last night, I took a tiny amount of oxy (5mg) and it was enough to feel; took the edge off the migraine and backache and made work tolerable! There was a little discomfort but not the intense misery that codeine and hydrocodone are causing. I'm thinking a break is in order, but my catch 22 is that I started out with this stuff just for kicks for the most part, now I have this back problem that really benefits from taking the stuff. Gotta choose between one pain or the other!