Stimulants vs Depressants, the debate

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by TheMadcapSyd, Jan 29, 2009.

1. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

The great divide in people, I mean anyone out there doing drugs probably enjoys both, but what is the great psychological divide between people that makes someone either prefer stimulants or depressants. So what I want to know is what you prefer, and why you prefer it

Me, I love the cocaine, but no cause fuck coke, I love amphetamines. And why? Cause they make everything and anything interesting and fun and give you an ungodly amount of energy which I enjoy because normally I have severe apathy issues in regards to everything, and on top of it they make you feel happy, you know doing some adderall or dexadrine won't give you the coke kind of happy, but it's still up there.

Also no pussy answers like "i only like weed or psychedelics are better(which they are) but go out and do some hard drugs and make something of yourself"

2. polecat

polecat Weerd

For me, It really comes down to having a comedown, or not having a comedown. Therefore I love downers.

3. DroneLore

DroneLore h8rs gon h8, I stay based

Limited experience with each, but i'll take some percocet over adderall any day.

4. does2

does2 Member

I have had a lot of experience with meth and more with coke. That was a few years ago, though.
    I prefer opiates, and my usage of any stimulant never got out of control and I guess my age at the time played a factor.
    Once in a while I like to mix an upper with an opiate. But for the most part I don't view stimulants as being high.
    I have energy as it is.

5. lucjl volcin

lucjl volcin Senior Member

I enjoy opiates more than stimulants, I only use stimulants at school since their so good for making you focused.

6. Granny

Granny Member

Been there,, done that. Stick to my cannabis,,,thanks....

7. does2

does2 Member

That really wasn't an option for the poll.
    Hard time reading?

8. TheMadcapSyd

tsk, tsk, I said no pussy bullshit

9. acenase

acenase Member

What are the difference beteween Opiates, Stimulats and Depressants? Like Stimulates are like Ecstasy and Coke and Depressents are like Weed/Alcohol, but why do they call them "Downers?" I never feel down after weed, but I feel the comedown after E and coke. Dumb question, but alas...

10. daAbominableBluntman

daAbominableBluntman Member

you think people who don't want to destroy themselves are pussies?

11. TheMadcapSyd

1st asshole post of the thread, jesus, go drink some beer, blow some coke, find your dad's gun and make something out of yourself, preferably a martyr

The important thing is you want to learn, it's pretty simple actually, stimulants literally stimulate more activity in the central nervous system while depressants do the opposite. Then there's the whole dopamine, serentonin, and ect factors

Weed in itself is actually a little bit of everything, and while alcohol is by far a depressant, oddly enough in small doses it has stimulant effects(i.e. more sociable, energetic and such without loss of motor skills and thinking ability)

12. polecat

polecat Weerd

[​IMG]

13. Today

Today Member

Honestly i like both in different situation, if i'm going out with people i wont take a downer but maybe some uppers. If i'm chilling after a long day i'd take some downers. If i'm in the mood to dance i'd take some X, if i'm in a thoughfull mood i'd take some pyschidelics, and since weed makes me paranoid now i cant smoke it, but i do miss the weed high.

14. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

DOWNERS .. i never like feelin twitchy and the need to move around.. i prefer to be planted in my spot.. high as a kite.. not givin a rats ass about whatever it may be... save the uppers for the tweaks

15. comfortably_numb9

comfortably_numb9 an asshole

i do like both, but i had to go with depressants cuz i love me so percocet and some xanax bars

16. theacidpulp

theacidpulp Member

I like both, but i tweak a lot more frequently than I take downers, so I picked stimulants.

I love amphetamines and methylphenidate, though I do hate coming down. However, a nice bowl and a cup of tea does so much to make me more comfortable.

17. campfire-fly

campfire-fly Member

I'm on the fence. I take 30 mg of adderall every day to push me forward through my ADD and I like to smoke my weed along with it to keep me focused. In times of no adderall I drink mad pots of stiff coffee to go with my weed.

I like amphetamines pure. I gave a year of my life to meth before I found adderall. I never liked to do any hard stimulates without some depressants to mellow me out on the flipside.

I'm not much of a coke fan. It just doesn't have the legs that meth does and its so much more expensive. I've always thought coke was way over rated.

Ecstasy, now that is a hell of a drug. I've done at a few times, but don't plan on doing it again for health reasons. If you take too much, it will eat a hole in your brain. But it's good to squeeze the root at least a few times.

Personally my favorite drugs are hallucinogens like LSD, mesclun, shrooms, ect. I find these drugs are like express ways to opening up the third eye. Doing these kinds of drugs is only recommended for people who are psychologically stable, are already mostly self-aware, and caution should be taken if the user has a lot of personal demons. I like to perform my own psychotherapy while under the spell of these kinds of drugs. It's been a while.

18. mr.greenxxx

mr.greenxxx Not an Average Bear

Im for depressants. Man coke is good as hell, and so is MDMA, but its more of somewhat forced and as desribed twitchy and unable to just chill the fuck out high. Ive snorted amphetamine, comedown was a bitch beyond anything else ive done.

19. CircaX43521

CircaX43521 rat in a drain ditch

I have very limited experience with Stimulants (I've taken a 20mg Adderall), but I have to say I like opiates/benzos much more.

20. Captain Cannabis

Captain Cannabis Banned

Uppers for sure.