Still remember to this day

Discussion in 'Transexual and Transgender' started by EricaMG, Feb 23, 2022.

1. EricaMG

EricaMG Members

I still remember going to my 10 year high school reunion as Erica for the first time.Did not want to go at first and my twin brother got me to go.Knew I had to face my fears to see how it would go.We went,classmates were shocked I changed big time.Then they took it well remembering my twin brother and I very well.Knew my brother was the happy one with himself and I was holding the secret.A couple of teachers I had and the principal were looking for me and my brother told them I changed big time now a sister.Told them I transitioned becoming a woman now with a much happier life as a pre op transsexual woman.My teachers I had said I came out a better person and remember me not like my twin brother.Classmates asked me the questions in the right.One classmate of mine asked when did I know that I was a woman from the inside.Said our junior year of high school and he understood.It went good that night

BoyToy69, Sagewynd, jmadre and 3 others like this.
  2. KathyL

KathyL Super Moderator Super Moderator

That is great that you got to be yourself and to open up about your experience at your reunion.

I have only been to one reunion (There only ever was one. This year will be 50 years, but I don't think there will be one.), but that was long before I knew who I was. I have met up online with many of the folks I knew from my air force days. A more macho crew you could not have imagined back in the day. But these days, they are all cool with who I am. Being able to be open about who you are and having people accept you is one of the joys of this journey.

3. NookaTheNook

NookaTheNook Members

I have no idea what it would be like to be in the wrong body, it must be torcher , I think you are very brave, it’s great that these days people can be who they really are, I know there are still idiots who will ridicule you but you are like a pioneer, future trans people will look back and appreciate what you went though, don’t forget that because you are a special person.

jmadre and KathyL like this.
  4. EricaMG

EricaMG Members

My classmates respected me for who I am including these teachers that night.Still do.

BoyToy69, jmadre and KathyL like this.